Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A bit of the bitter, my jot of all jaded



It was a charming white day today. The sky was freezing and blue, the Santa Cruz mountains tipped with snow, a nice morning led into an interesting and slow day of work and rehearsals. Now finally I'm home, a bit tired, it's 11pm, and I cannot wait to move away. Now, I could write an entire blog about how horrible it is to be me. But that would be more false than fancy, and I'd quickly alienate you. So instead of bitterness and my jaded rants about living with strangers and working for negative pay (literally), I'll disguise my angst with a little optimism for the future.

Nobody's bolted into their chairs at a theater. The chairs themselves might be secured fastly to that uncomfortable stone aisle, but the spectator can come and go as she pleases.
Life and the theater are not so different. If you hate the film, you can leave. But sometimes it's from the most difficult pictures that we learn the most about ourselves. And if you stick around, you'll make it through somehow, some way. And after that, how might you even feel? How can you even tell, just by imagination? You can't.
So I say, know that you're not bolted in and squirm your way through the toughest moments of our motion-picture lives. And when the end comes, those quirky roommates and fruitless labours will chime out as the deepest learning experiences you can remember.

Summer is on its way; live tough now to live easy then.

2 comments:

heather said...

hey you. i have been watching you when you were nine years old, on old family videos. it is kind of inspiring to see people's traits that continue on with them through life. your energy and rambunctiousness and curiosity will take you everywhere in life. don't let the grooves grind you down, you are free forever!

Susan said...

Hang in there...