Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Amy's to do list

OK you guys, mine is going to sound very selfish. But I meant it to be that way or it would go on and on about all my hopes and dreams for the kids and Matt and all the rest of you. So this really is all about me.
- Have my own dark room and sell my photography in cute places like Gelato's or Sutters Creek
- Go to college and learn everything
- Travel everywhere, but mostly to visit family
- To be the best mom, then hopefully grandma
- To live in a house without TVs
- To write/illustrate a children's series
- Run at least one marathon and do a triathlon
- One Christmas to take the kids to some third world country and do service, whatever they need- maybe build homes to latrines. Teach them the ABC's to washing their hands.
- Go on a mission with Matt
- To hike the Appalachian trail, also with Matt
So, its short and sweet. I really feel if I work on them one at a time that I can do it. The hardest one of course is to be the best mom that I can be, I think the one that comes after it will be easy as pie.
Love you all xoxo

3 comments:

heather said...

amy i love love love your list!! first of all, you already are the most perfect mama i can imagine. secondly, i had no idea you wanted to be a photographer. i have been very interested in this myself lately, old fashioned photography with non-digitally developed images. i am going to post a blog soon about tina modotti, this woman photographer from the 20s and 30s that i am in love with right now. she was many other things too, but most interesting to me is the descriptions of her plans, ideas, and inspirations regarding her photography. she would work so carefully and lovingly on every detail of each image. of course, i have to regretfully admit that i have no talent for photography, but i absolutely adore looking at photographs...it is one of my favorite pasttimes as you know. anyway i am so inspired by your list and i am glad we share some of the same dreams! i send you love and hugs through the wires and space of the www.

Joseph Beatty said...

amy, get real gurlllll. i dont think you are gonna have much trouble bein a good mum. and as for the others, mind if i come along on some? (hint hint: appalachian traill...)

Susan said...

Amy, you precious, you have such wonderful dreams. I hope they all come true! One already has, you are a wonderful momma, Love you...Nana