Sunday, February 4, 2007

Life with Jarom is Grand!

Every day Jarom never fails to surprise me with something only Jarom can do: tease, ask the most out there question for a four year old, make up a joke, dance or sing. The list really can go on and on. So anyhow, you all know what I'm talking about. Today, Feb. 04, 07 was the first Sunday of the month, which all you guys remember as the dreaded fast Sunday. But if you're lucky someone interesting will bear their testimony, and it will never leave your memory. Well, Matt and I have been very blessed with one of those interesting speakers--Jarom. He hears the words open mic and he's off and running. Unfortunately Matt and I missed the big show, since he did it in primary. But we have been told by many teachers how wonderful it was and that we should not miss it next month for surely he will be up there again. I know to some of you this seems like nothing, but to me it's everything. I know Jarom doesn't have a testimony (so I'm really curious what he did say, something probably like--my dad has the new Zelda game) but he has pizazz and a zest for life, and I love more than anything that he is not cursed with the same crippling disease that Matty and I both had--shyness. Sorry if I'm being too much of the annoying proud parent, I'll probably be struck by lighting. So for once in my life, instead of dreading the first Sunday of every month I am looking forward to it with great anticipation. Another proud moment, Jarom finally got to ride a ski lift. The happiest day of his life. Matt took him snowboarding.

6 comments:

Mikie Beatty said...

Wow, this shure makes me very happy. As soon as you'd like, I'll start giving him some shakespeare lessons since I know his charismatic exuberance shall not unfed for the next years, not in this family. Awesome, and snowboarding?! If only Matt and I had started that early, we'd be so GOOD! (not to say we already aren't or anything)

moonshinejunkyard said...

oh my gosh this is the cutest blog ever!!! i am so smiling from ear to ear! you guys have to sneak in a recorder, at least audio, next sunday! the little whippersnapper, he is unbelievable. and i can't believe how cute this snowboarding picture is...i can't BELIEVE he WENT snowboarding!! how did he do? did he have to get a lesson? did he fall down a lot? WOW. that's all i can say. WOW.

mattbeatty said...

He didn't get a lesson. I didn't even take him to the tow rope (where the kids grab a handle and get "towed" to the "top" of a bunny hill) until *after* we went up the hill! We just got right on the lift, his first time ever. I tried teaching him, but snowboarding's hard to get the hang of at first--I remember how it was. So he fell a lot, but very minor falls; I was his protector. It took us about an hour to get down the mountain. Maybe I should post my own blog about this. Definitely a memory worth keeping. I hate not recording things and the memory gets just a little bit fainter. . .

AdieSpringB said...

WOw.Jarom fuerom. I wish I knew what he said up there! .... Did you get a hint of what he might have said? Oh, and finally..... a gandala (or however you spell that!)After all that admiration his whole life! Gandala..

moonshinejunkyard said...

addie, i believe it is "gondola..." right matt? and i also believe that jarom will not call it that anymore...little rumor i heard??? true???

Susan said...

Awww, that picture is so cute! Mattie how cute that you took Jarom snowboarding, and Amy it was so sweet of you and Bella to be the cheerleading team! I would love to hear what Jarom has to say in his testimony. What a precious little cutie, my grandbabies have to be the cutest kids ever! My little Eloise Wilkin babies. Amy you have a gift for words, keep up the delightful stories, I love them...