Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mattie


Hey Mattie, did I tell you lately that I am so proud of you. My heart hurt when I read how you cut your hand in the cold morning the other day. And those same hands put together the bunk beds for your children. It was just yesterday wasn't it when I received a little glass fronted cabinet in the mail and you put it together for me so competently using all the right tools and following the instructions. You were 15 then I think. When my mind tries to wrap around all that you do there with school, work and family - I am just amazed. You are a good daddy and husband, I can see that and I am proud that you are my son. You have such a good heart and so many amazing abilities. Just the other day I was watching on slide show all the pictures you had put on Flickr - I was listening to a cd and the two went together to bring tears to an old mom and nana! I love reading your poetry and my wish and dream is for you to be published someday and get the recognition you deserve. Congratulations on achieving another honor in your poem about Adie's wedding. Your resume list of awards must be getting ever so long. Thank you for putting those pictures on the Beattyblog of Bella, Jarom and the beauteous one of Amy in her sweetheart apron. What a way to start a rainy Thursday - a little sunshine in my heart. Take care of yourself son, you are so loved and depended on by your precious family - I love you, Mom

4 comments:

heather said...

mom i am curious to know what cd you were listening to as you looked at matt's pictures on flickr. tell me please. i like to do that too. one day i was listening to my itunes music collection and looking through my pictures and there were all these cute pictures of mikie and the song "brother" was playing and i felt all emotional. i have this other song by the be good tanyas that will absolutely break your heart.

i like this blog and the one about mikie too. it is nice to honor these two wonderful brothers of mine. i agree with everything you say here. love you mama!

heather said...

by the way the song "brother" is by this group called the annuals and the cover of their cd is areally pretty and folksy drawing of a boy wandering through the woods.

Amy Beatty said...

Matty is the best daddy. I bet you guys didn't know he already has a third baby-nemo. He babys that fish like no other. I had to ask him the other day if he would treat orion that loving. Nemo is part of our family though. He's really cute. the other day Matt gave him a pea, and he played with it for two weeks. He would pick it up in his little mouth, and of course Matt would worry he was choking (I wonder where he got that from), but he was just playing. And he would throw it and chase it, it was just too cute and really fun to watch. Matts got such a sweet tender heart.

AdieSpringB said...

Mom, you blog brings tears to MY eyes. This is one of the sweetest things I ever read. But it's true, Matty is one of the nicest boys/dads/husbands/people in the world, and hardest working, and intelligent. Matty I love you, Mom I love you. I haven't yet looked further down to see the pictures, cause I wanted to write this fast, but I am so excited to finish this and take a look. I just had a dream our family was all younger again, and Joey was 4. He was so cute in the dream, so cute I always want to get him out of the dream, into this time now. Weird.