Friday, February 2, 2007

a day off

Hey, this will be neat Mikie/Matt. I will be contributing and adding to my profile, but just wanted to check in at this time. I need to get to know this site, how to use it, and the things that are available. In the meantime, I'm off work today and I'm going to try and figure my income tax early this year. Addie, I'm currently reading a book called "The Last Season", that Susan checked out for me. It's a true story about a Sierra Mountains back country wilderness ranger that went missing in 1996 after leaving his post in Kings Canyon Nat'l Park, where he had spent 28 summer seasons as a Park Ranger. Yea, we need to consider our camping agenda again for the summertime soon. This book got me thinking about camping and the Sierras, not that that subject doesn't frequently occupy space in my mind anyway.
Dad

4 comments:

heather said...

dad i think i want to read that book next. he seems like such an interesting guy. i am into true life people stories right now.

AdieSpringB said...

I want to read whatever book that is, bad! It sounds like something I would love. Did they ever find him, or did he just disappear? Dad, of course within the first sentence of your first blog post you had to say the word "neat".... it pretty sums up everything you appreciate! Love ya all.

Amy Beatty said...

Hi papa, I don't want to read your book, but I do want someone to plan a camping trip soon for the future so that all the beatty clan can go. It will be easier for people like Matt + family and Mikie to come if we plan it in advance.

Susan said...

I'm so glad you liked the book, I knew you'd like it from the first moment I saw it. I envy you all your Beatty family camping trips, I need to start a tradition that's something like Spring Family Musuem trips, or Spring Family Dinner at mom's or movie fests or Library trip or road trip or something that reflects back to the kids something that I love and allows them all to make a memorable time with mom...