Wednesday, February 21, 2007

the spy

Well hello once again. I feel like a spy, because I probably check this beatty blog like 5 times a day, and then never write anything. And I'm always wishing you all would write more. I love everything you guys say. So if any of you feel as I do, this is for you. So when you check for the 100th time in the same afternoon, you will have a little treat waiting for you. A new post.

Nana, we got your package yesterday! I about killed the kids by making them wait to open it till they were done with school for the day. Jarom loved his Transformers. This morning he was really sad because he thought he had already broken one, but its not. Bella is so in love with Ballet. So when she got that little dancing doll, she ran to her room and put on her princess outfit and then had to watch the movie that came with the doll. I really need to look into dance classes for her.

We were planning to go to the zoo for the holiday because the weather had been so nice, and I get so sick of doing everything indoors because of the cold. I was really looking forward to the fresh air. But of course it snowed all Monday morning. So I sat and watched Jarom and Matt play zelda what seemed like forever, and I know they had gotten up a couple hours before I did. I was just wondering if this is what the rest of my day was going to be like. It didn't seem like a good trade, fresh air to video games? Thank goodness Nana called and put me in a better mood. Anyways we ended up going to this crazy hunting store. It had this huge aquarium hallway, it was really cool. It was kind of like a museum I guess. It had a ton of dead stuffed animals that they put on this huge man made mountain with a waterfall and a pond where you can feed the fish or in a dessert. They had so many different beautiful animals, sad that they are dead though. Most of them had such sweet little faces. So it was kind of like the zoo, but nothing was alive but the fish. The kids really liked it, and I was just glad to get out of the house and do something for free.

I can't wait for everyone to come visit again. I got this new activity guide that has everything in it, for day trips, camping, gardens and parks, museums and hikes to a restaurant guide. And it tells you everything that is free. Hey Heather, me and Matt went to eat at Guru's last night. It was so good. We will have to go when you and Darin come out. And its so fun that you can just walk there. It was so fresh and healthy and just different. And to answer your question about Disneyland, so far its just Matt, me and the kids. We would love it more than anything if you could meet us there, but no pressure. We thought we were going to drive up to placerville after Disneyland, but we can't afford it. Only because we are going to try and come out again like the last week in may and then again for your wedding in June. So its like three trips in less than two months. I don't know how we are going to pull it off. I really want to bless Orion in placerville, I'm hoping the last Sunday in may.

Last night I had a dream that I gave birth to my cousin Carrie who is one month older than me. It was sad, my arms ached to hold my new born baby not a 25 year old girl. Guess what? My little sister Bonny got married. She and her boyfriend Russ went up to Tahoe like a week ago, and they didn't tell anyone till Saturday. I thought it was really weird and funny, that they hid it. I don't even know if they are living together. I think its just silly that they went and got married then went back to their parents houses. I'm not surprised though, I tried to get Matt to marry me in Tahoe when he was still planning on going on a mission. Sorry Papa, its the truth. I'll try and write more often. When Matt gets home he will help me put pictures up. Love you all

5 comments:

heather said...

amy i am so with you...i check this thing WAY too much, it's embarrassing. i agree that it is really fun to read what everyone has to say. and i especially love it when you post, you have a way with words and stories!

anyway, i can't believe bonny is married!!!! wow!!! i guess i feel very excited for her, although i admit a tiny bit worried too. i wonder how your parents feel?

so we can talk more about disneyland once darin and i get out there. it is looking like we might have to be back in placerville by may 20 because darin's mom is getting gastric bypass surgery (possibly/probably?) so we were thinking maybe we'll cut our two months a little short and just go down to l.a. first and see dave and go to disneyland with you guys...but we'll see. all my love!

heather said...

by the way, i'm really excited about that guide book you got, especially the free places part! i could use something like that for around here on my days off. can't wait to be out there with you guys!

Susan said...

Amy, I wish I could have been with you there in that amazing sounding hunting store - what a place! Did you get any pictures of it? I love reading the little stories you tell about the kids and your little family there. Keep up the posting we all enjoy it so much. I'm so glad the kids liked the package. Heather actually mailed it for me, thank you so much Heather. I thought Jarom would like some transformers, Matt, Mikie and Joey had transformers when they were little but I think they were mostly cars. So it was cool to find dinosaur ones. Did he figure out how to change them back and forth to robots? I'm glad Bella liked the Angelina Ballerina doll, you can check out Angelina Ballerina books at the library for her. She would probably love them. All the little girls love to come in and get ballerina books. A little girl yesterday who was about 2 years old didn't want to turn in one of her books just because it was Pink! She reminded me of Bella. I hope she can take dance classes. She would be perfect for them. I always wanted to get Ballet classes for dance of somekind for the girls when they were little, but I couldn't. At least they had their piano lessons. And once they went to little drama classes through the Parks and Recreation in Escondido. Maybe you could check with Provo Parks and Rec and see if they offer some classes in dance for little ones. They probably wouldn't cost too much. I hope you can go to the zoo soon. But going to that hunting store was worth it if only for the story you could tell us all about it. What fun!
I wish wish wish I could go to Disneyland with you all. But alas I can't you know what. And last but unbelievably not least I CAN'T BELIEVE BONNY WENT TO TAHOE AND GOT MARRIED!! What did your mom and dad think about that? Well, I hope they will get a little place and at least live together as man and wife! What a surprise. I will have to e-mail her and give her my best wishes. Is she going to have a reception of any kind? I would love to get them a present. Amazing... love you Amy take care of yourself ...Nana

AdieSpringB said...

Amy, this is awesome. I love it. Geez, I have been such a brat lately...always so scared I am pregnant. But reading your headlines on what you do with your days is so inspiring. I just hope that when I have a baby I don't have to work. I can't believe women thought that it was demeaning to stay home. Who in their right mind would rather go into a dull office and talk to business people than stay home and create and take care of their precious children. Thank you so much for your stories, I feel like I am reading a little newspaper centered all around family and love. It's wonderful. It's SO much better than those bulletins people send out at holidays saying "Krista is now 5, she likes horses and her kindergarten teacher, especially recess!" Those things always kind of annoyed me, but our new website is so LOVELY. And inspiring to know I come from such sweet, honest, caring, TALENTED, amazing people. And to the people we have married.

AdieSpringB said...

Speaking of married, whoa Bonnie! What the heck? That's kind of rad though, I hope he's real real nice and sweet to fit into our awesome family package. Amy, by the way, you are a really good writer, and you say things so cute. I LOVE that you call this entry "the Spy"! The Spy, my foot! You are like the main attraction! I also love how you said " I about killed the kids by not letting them open their package"... That is probably what it felt like to them! You are such a good mother and I hope in our future we all get to hang out so much more and I get to be with everyone so much more. I am the only one who has not gone to Utah yet. I might come with Mom in April, but I also might come with H and D.... Still figuring it out.