Monday, March 5, 2007

daffodillyo




hi guys, okay, no one is posting and it's MAKING ME REALLY MAD!!! where are you all? too busy to let your poor old family know what's going on??!! mikie, i do appreciate the last post, but where's the update, where's your new outlook, where's the choices, the ideas, the excitement, the energy? matt and amy, we need more stories!!! we need tiny seemingly mundane details about your life with the kids in provo because we miss you desparately and we hunger over these details like tiny finches pecking seeds! momma, where are you sentimental journeys and addie where are your rhapsodies? dad, where are your dreamy speculations and joey where is your sarcasm and creativity and enthusiasm? darin and art, where are you, period?


as for myself, i am here, checking in every day and not wanting to be the only lame-o writing. especially since here is the extent of my information: i worked at mel's yesterday. it was a long day and pretty busy. i worked until 9:30 at night. then i dreamt about mel's all night, nightmarish sagas that consisted of me frantically and ineffectually waiting on tables...then i returned to mel's at 5:30 in the morning and the whole nightmarish scene begins again but in reality!


no - it's not that bad. i make money and there are quiet moments and i get free diet coke and i read the paper and i talk to crazy people like don-the-drunk-who-is-no-longer-a-drunk. and my friend from work who was due two days before amy HAD HER BABY EARLY, on the 3rd of march! his name is graydyn and he was six pounds twelve ounces and she is tiny but very brave and did a really good job pushing him out, or so i hear.


darin and i are cleaning up our yard in preparation for leaving on our road trip and then coming back and getting married in the backyard. we have lots and lots to do in the next two weeks to get ready, and luckily we are feeling feisty and lively and energetic on these warm march days with unexpected daffodils popping up and frogs singing in the ponds!

3 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Sorry Heather. I must admit this is the first time I checked the blog this week. I got so unexpectedly busy these last two days. It was so nice to check it with crossed fingers, hoping for something new, and there were three. Now that's what I call fun. I love your picture and your post just made my laugh, so thank you. I've been wanting to post so much stuff forever, but can't without Matt's help because he needs to put up the pictures. I want the stories and pictures to go together. Matt's just been too busy, poor guy, but that's nothing new. By the way, Matt told me your friend had her baby early, so I got all excited thinking - I could go any moment. But my hopes were shattered early this morning. I had my doctor check me, thinking I would be at least a three. And have her tell me, I wouldn't be surprised if it came this week. But NONE of that happenend. She could barely make her way up to my cervix and said she couldn't feel anything, and maybe I was at a one. I just don't see how she couldn't feel anything. I had never had a hand soo far shoved up me. I guess the baby hasn't dropped at all. And if that's not all, my doctor said the baby is small. Not something I want to hear. Because I keep imagining a big bouncing baby boy. Plus I've gained almost forty pounds. does that = small baby? Sorry so long. Matt says comments should not be this long so I'll let you go. Love you

heather said...

amy i am very very fond of long comments!!!! and i am not afraid to tell matt so. anyway, if you are reading this, i think he will be big anyway, here's what i think: he'll be in the seven pound range at birth, but will quickly grow to be a happy chubby bouncing glowing baby boy. also, i have to admit i am slightly relieved that you've got a little time left, because i really want to be there when he comes, as long as that is okay with you! but i am so excited and antsy for that time, so if it comes early, well that is fine with me too (obviously). mother nature knows best. i miss you and can't wait to be there with you guys!

Susan said...

Hey Amy you just keep on writing those long comments. We all love them! It's easy to post the pictures, If I can do it without Matt's help you can too! The pictures are already on your computer. When I come over I'll show you how to do it!! Love you, Nana
Oh and Heather, loved your day and all your ordinary doings, makes me wish I was there to help you. Love Mom p.s. Don't work so hard!