Thursday, February 1, 2007

in the year 2007

February 2, 2007 - how did that happen? How is it that time flies by so fast? Each year goes swirling by like a whirlwind. Of course at the library we are always checking out books and saying that will be due on February 22nd and so forth, wow, living in the future - always thinking ahead. I need to do more with my here and now. I have plans to make better use of the time I'm given each day. You kids have been an inspiration to me with all your blogs, journals, pictures, videos and others paraphenalia for documenting your lives. What I would give to be able to go back and relive my days as a young mom. The closest thing I have are some cassette tapes with your little voices singing and talking and myself as narrator. They are sparse however. I guess there's also those family videos dad is supposed to put on a DVD and then give back to me. Oh well maybe at least we have those and lots and lots of pictures. Those are my diarys and journals of the best years of my life. Those moments I spent with my five precious ones. Well I plan to put the photos of the last four years in albums, write in a little journal more and sew curtains and blankies and teach Heather to sew and send fun packages to my precious family near and far and live each moment to the fullest. I'm also learning to knit and I need to find my embroidery bag that's been lost since I moved. I want to quit wasting my time in front of HGTV and live. Some of you missed the homemade Mac and Cheese and Apple Pie and then Apple Crisp, I wish you all could have had some. It was fun to make and Dad, Heather and Joey at least got to partake. I love you all and hope I can catch up to the 21st Century with blogging skills, digital camera skills, cell phone ability, getting a decent scanner and printer etc. This is the new way for me to communicate and share with you all. Thank you Mikie for the idea and Matt for helping me set up my blog. Love to all, Mom

4 comments:

mattbeatty said...

Time does go by quickly it seems--but it is what it is--and I wouldn't want it any other way, really. We just have to learn, like you said, to make a lot of our time, do what we want and need to do.

I must get my sense of nostalgia (one of my strongest emotions) from you. Thanks for the blog Mom, I really liked it. This is so fun, to do this, to write back and forth. Plus, it's documented/archived. Anyway, glad you got it all figured out--you hardly even need any help. Now let's just see if Dad can get it.

I want to learn how to knit and sew too. I have some jeans I need to patch the knees on. (Though Amy wants to fix em; but I want to learn too, be self-sufficient.)

It was good to talk to you last night. Love you.

moonshinejunkyard said...

matt the scary thing is, i think we get our INTENSE nostalgia from BOTH parents...we are doomed to wander tearfully through the backroads of our minds sifting through every pivotal detail!

mattbeatty said...

Great. Scary. But kinda nice too. I would never trade it; I love reminiscing. It's so powerful. For some reason smells really do that to me. Oh yeah, and music, more especially than anything.

Mikie Beatty said...

mama! You say you live in the future - and then proceed to sadly reminisce about the past. BUT! The past is NOW, the best years of your life have never changed from exactly what they are in this very moment, this existing second. Whether we're babies or adults, whether it's summer or winter, whether we're running around or snuggled up in our beds, rich or poor,WHATEVER transitions occur and changes infiltrate our lives - it's still exactly the same wonderful fixed moment that we're living. My best solution for never missing the past is by making our present something even MORE desirable! Those days 'passed' are actually still here. Don't fabricate your own morbidity - life is too awesome and powerful to miss it while lost away in your brain.