Friday, February 23, 2007

bandini awaits

So, family, i see this list idea, and cannot help but be a bit intrigued, so I suppose I'll join the ranks a write out a summarized version of mine:
Things I want to do:
-This here summer 2007 I am going to stock myself with my basic and necessary posessions (car, guitar, warm clothing, food, iPod(hopefully), a little money, etc.) and head up to Missoula, Montana, to embark on a new offshoot of my long, fertile life.
-I want to spend time in Alaska. I want to experience day long nites and nite long days.
-Climb as many mountains, peaks, hills, whatever, as i can fit into my busy happy days. Everest, just say the word.
-I want to release albums and get at least a handful of goodminded individuals to enjoy them thoroughly.
-I want to tour the United States, Canada, and any other place, be it a far-fetched idea or not (for who is to say what is truly far-fetched? who is to say what is doable or not? Well, I'll say I am to say. And I say that ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING is doable), I can possibly go.
-I want to live a slightly extended period of my life out of just a backpack, and the few necessary things I can fit into it.
-I need to learn to cook rice. Can someone help with that?
-Save money better.
-Get everyone to stop worrying about me, thinking im leading a deadend life (which is the most ridiculously far-from-the-truth proposition i have ever heard), telling me to 'kick whichever habit'(mikie), and hopefully at some point convince you all that I am going to live as fully and happily as possible, EVEN IF im not attending school at this very moment.
-Read every book ever written.
-Record every song I ever write.
-Write every song I ever think about writing.
-Keep eddy with me until he is a ripe, wise old little feline, and his time has come. And by then he shall have quite a few indescribable adventures tucked valiantly under his furry belt.
-See and live in Anacortes, washington.
-find a girl who also wants to live like i do. or at least mostly like i do. differences are necessary. i can learn from them. and i dont, tough luck dad and mom. im a picky bastard.
-Publish novels, stories, poetry, what-have-you. and if not publish, self-publish.
-find peace of mind in the same sun on a new horizon.
-but a temporarily stagnant horizon isnt TOO bad.
-I want to live in Boston, or some such surrounding area, with Matt and Amy and co., and maybe then ill figure out how to deal with chilluns.
-Hacky Sack the shit out of everywhere.
-Maybe, later, waaaay later, have a kid or two. But i leave it at two.
-go bald.
-keep in touch with every single one of you, and ya'll better come visit me wherever i decide to stop for a time. because im'a do the same for you.

SO THATS MY LIFE! to come.

love yall.
-joey(bandini)

5 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I love it

AdieSpringB said...

hallelujah! Dodie. I knew I was right about you. Did you get my message today on the phone? I can imagine twould be real annoying (the constant worrying of you by other family members- don't include me, my brother, i know s'all good wich chu) I love ya. You should put out a book of stories or your poetry real soon. Make it look awesome and take the master to Kinko's. Pass them out to all us curious weirdos. I want one on my coffee table (oh, wait, I don't have a coffee table) I love you - you cutest 4 year old kid in the world -you!

heather said...

into the wild. the big wilderness wild of joey beatty's fabulous brain and heart. hooray and lucky us for getting to be your family! i knew you'd write a list because deep down you like this kind of thing. i love you and i am not THAT worried about you and i will try not to bug you and i think you are wonderful.

Mikie Beatty said...

to be frank, I think Joey that I end up trying to worry about you more than I actually do. But what is this Worry anyway? Besides, it did prove you actually read these things, eh?
so, nice list. My favorite is definitely the peace of mind on new horizons one.

Susan said...

Joey, you go for it - all of it. Just like you said, anything is doable. I love all the fun things you want to do and accomplish. I remember when I was young I had quite a few things I wanted to do too. But just having all you kids is my best shot and worth every minute! I'll try to quite worrying about you so much. Love you, Mom