Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Be My Valentine

Hi everyone, Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you all have a lovely one. I have little boxes of candy hearts to take to work and a wonderful Valentine storytime to be a part of. It is so sweet to watch all the little ones coming to storytime. I love the little children. I especially love all my children and their children. Hugs to you all. I miss those of you that aren't here in dear old Placerville.
Adie and Art went on a lovely sounding trip to Ashland and I had a exuberant message on my machine from Adie describing their stay. I could just picture how beautiful Ashland is even though I've only been there once. Which brings to mind that trip that Heather, Adie and I took up the coast of Oregon to Astoria, over to Washington and Port Townsend and down through Ashland. What a memory!
Mikie, sorry I didn't call you back last night, Heather and I went to see "Infamous" an indie film playing at the theater up here. It was quite good, parallel to the Capote that came out not long ago with a different angle. I hope you are well and I am so anxiously awaiting news about a possible callback!
Amy, Matt and babes - I miss you and have been gathering together some more goodies to get in the mail Thursday a.m. Give Jarom and Bella a big kiss from Nana. Have a beautiful Valentines together you cute little family!
Gotta get ready for work - Love, Mom

5 comments:

mattbeatty said...

Happy Valentine's to anyone/all who're feelin up to celebration. Your goodie bags sound good Mom--I'm such a sucker for sweets.

So wow Mom and Heather, was Infamous good? I had heard about it and was very interested in seeing it. You'll have to let me know. "Just because you've seen last year's Truman Capote movie doesn't mean you've seen this year's"--I read something like that in some magazine or other a while ago.

heather said...

matt it is pretty much the EXACT same story but done a bit differently. i think mom might be right in thinking that this guy plays truman even better than philip seymour hoffman. there are a couple of very important differences that i don't want to tell you because you really should see it. did you see "In Cold Blood?" if not, see this one first, that's my recommendation.

Mikie Beatty said...

all this artsy fartsy talk about Al Capone or whatever is way too distracting from the bland fact that, yes, it is Valentine's Day. I have a simple idea I came up with earlier today that I'll exclusively share with all of you: I LOVE BEING SINGLE. It was this epiphany I came across sometime during my foresty campus-walk to Tempest rehearsal. In fact, it was precisely when I was traversing upwards the hill towards Cowell College that I was considering what it means to be an Escapist, and if Escapism could be comparable to things such as surrealism, post-modernism, etc. Escapism, it's what I love best. I escape, or need to at least see the door at all times, from all angles. Just a bit of introspection here, loosely related to Valentine's and why I'm still a lone ranga' after all these years. I mean, there's just some freedoms a girlfriend simply wouldn't understand, and until I no longer require those liberties, I'll likely be a single manboy

heather said...

mikie i really really like that you call yourself a manboy. i like to say it real fast, manboy. anyway there are great freedoms in being a couple too. just to stick up for it a little bit. although i am thrilled you are enjoying singledom so much. i think every day is a gift of joy no matter who surrounds you. you gotta bring the joy to everyone else anyway, own it and be triumphant and GLAD.

mattbeatty said...

I'm down with that.