Wednesday, February 21, 2007

in the land of dreamy dreams


well isis, the old girl, is on the road again today. that's the van. i drove her down to folsom to peruse books at borders, then to dimple to look for a cd that they frustratingly didn't have (the new dolorean) and then to mom's work to pick her up and to julian's to get mom's car and then back home. and tonight i took another little drive, to bring food to mom at her house and darin at work. i made this weird rice/green chiles/jack cheese casserole that was good but not very healthy. but i made cauliflower and salad too. anyway i figured out that i can plug my ipod in using the tape adaptor in the van and i am so excited! the only problem is, the speakers are horrible, but still, it is rad to be able to hear the new songs i've gotten and have a huge list of music at my fingertips without carting around a box of cds!


in response to addie's posting, i want to make my own list too...i really want to see everyone's lists!!!!


here's mine:


things i want to see:

--mom have a beautiful cozy girly cottage in the country where she can have cats

--the decline of big corporations

--the growth of alternative powered cars and other devices

--everyone i know and love to be out of debt

--PARIS with blossoms falling out of trees and floating down into the seine

--the cover of joeys rad cd that gets a cult-following

--zack and rebecca get wealthy off his art

--mikie's face on film on the big screen!

--dad traipsing around america seeing all the places he's ever wanted to see and having adventures

--our big family farmland with each of us in a house scattered on the grassy wildflower-strewn hillsides, with forest and river nearby and animals and kids and bonfires and music

--mikie and joey both fall in love, utterly head over heels dangerously in LOVE



do:

--drive the alaska highway

--have a baby

--write a sprawling epic colorful novel, and then more

--travel around the world: india, central america, ghana, mozambique, peru, seeking inspiration for those novels

--be part of a revolutionary movement that brings creativity to the forefront of american consciousness, and emphasizes LESS CONSUMERISM, MORE SHARING. LESS WASTE, MORE CARING

--raise goats and chickens

--grow my own vegetables

--learn to sew

--carry kittens around in my apron pockets

--live in a tiny wooden handmade house built by darin and i with a porch and lots of windows and a loft and a fireplace and cotton rugs and lacy curtains

--help addie with Hyacinth-Lily and other rad and dreamy business ventures including a possible ice cream shop/cafe in placerville with natural homemade ice creams like screamin mimis and art displayed on the walls and brightly colored tables and chairs

--paint all my walls different colors

--swim in the mediterranean

--help darin create and distribute his amazing loomfixer cds (you should see the new ones, guys)

--cut down on sugar

--hike around in muir woods

--be a true literary scholar...find my niche, study world literature, read all the greats

--take walks on a more regular basis just to find my own calm and be more aware of life around me

--drive a hybrid

--have solar panels on my house, live off the grid?

--study family history more, write a fictionalized account of my own great grandparents

--get a dog.


that's all i can think of for now. i could go on and on. i hope you will all post some ideas of your own, i loved reading addie's. good night my sweet family!

love,

heather

5 comments:

Susan said...

Heather, I love your lists and like you said to Adie, I am so overwhelmed by your creative ideas that I can't think of anything for myself. Your wish to see me in a little cottage with cats made me cry. I love you my precious girl...Mom

Amy Beatty said...

The one that really stands out to me is living on that farm. You could do a lot of your stuff there like: having the goats and chickens( I want more than that, but we could start there), learn to sew(I can see all of our kids wearing the cutest home made cloths),plant a huge garden, with every veggie, to berry bushes and lots and lots of beautiful flowers and amazing fruit trees that bloom in the spring all pink and white, and we will put blossoms in our hair and cut off extra branches to put on our tables and and fire place mantles. Everything will smell so wonderful and fresh. We will all play out side and stop to watch the sun set. Then we will all go inside to the yummiest home made stew(meatless of course)fresh garden salads and a berry pie, maybe we could even make our own ice cream. And all of this from our own farm. We will sit around the fire(maybe on some home made rugs), talk about our day. The kids would tell us some funny wild story about one of our many animals, or tell us they found some Indian clay on the hillside, or new rock mine to dig in. We will sing some songs, put all the kids to bed in the cozy warm loft. Sorry Heather. I could go on and on and on. I want to live on a farm so bad. I just love nature and you. Where should our farm be? I'll start a new fund and start saving. We need a huge one that has lots of open space, and trees to play hide and seek in, big rocks to climb, some kind of water, stream, river or pond. It would just be heaven.

AdieSpringB said...

OK, i think we do need to ALL liver on that farm. Maybe in seperate little beauty houses that we all build. Mom's little cottage up on the rise of a hill, Dad's place closer to a little river... A clump of us together- almost conjoining. PLEASE! That sounds so amazing. As long as we live close to a cute little town, it would be perfect!!!

AdieSpringB said...

I didn't mean to write "liver"

mattbeatty said...

Amy you make me want that farm you're describing pretty badly. Seriously though--I love it. So let's do this someday.