Tuesday, February 20, 2007

What's Left To Do, lil' flower girl?


I thought I might write myself an inspiring list this day. As I drove to work this early AM, thoughts of old beach trips with Heather rang through my mind. I always listen to the news now in the mornings, on NPR, and in fact I have to FORCE myself to listen to music. The exact opposite of how things used to be, I guess that is how a lot of my life has ended up. I learned some lessons that have made me the EXACT OPPOSITE OF HOW I USED TO BE. Saw a rad movie last night with Ryan Gosling called Half Nelson. It was brilliant. Brillianter than Running With Scissors which tried too hard, I thought. I only relate the two cause I saw that one the night before.

Hey I have an idea! Why don't we ALL write one of these on the blog. That includes Amy, Mom, Dad, and Joey.....!

List of Things I want badly to Do and See in my life

See:
A mother become President of the United States
Pieces of South and Central America
More of Paris
a house full of kids that I adopt
The sun rise over the Atlantic
Mikie be in movies or something of the like
Kids' sweet adorable faces in orphanages in Uganda
Heather and Matt get published books!
What Art and my baby would look like ( not for a good four years, please god)
Mandy become an acupuncturist
Doniella open her Arts Center
Every summer camping trip with the fam (a fam that just keeps growing)
My own pink and purple hair ( all of it)

Do:
Road trip with Arty for a long time
Save $1000 and invest in my own stocks!
Be in another play as a big part!
Mission work in Africa (get to meet those precious souls!)
Help write one or two bills that will save people's lives and get them passed into laws
Help unwrite crappy laws
Make huge benefit shows that can give thousands to the world's developing countries for micro-loans and other programs that actually help people get on their feet
Hold babies that need love in those poor countries and help them
Sing music that makes people want to change our world for the good
Have breakfast in Paris, early, dressed up fancy
Write a book
Help Heather run creative workshops from Mexico or somewhere beautiful
Have some kind of health plan
open "Hyacinth-Lily", my flower-tonic/ cocktail/ sorbet shop made all from flower waters and flower infusions into alcohols and cordials and tinctures (it would have flower waters, creams and tinctures to sell retail.... and alcoholic free tonics and also real alcohol cocktails and sorbets to sell at a little 1920's style bar with lots of 1920's art and photos and also local artists up and two pinball machines and a pool table in red velvet
Grow hundreds of Daphne bushes ( my new favorite)
Learn all about gardening and harvesting flowers and their perfumes and such
See the whales migration at Point Reyes
tons more road trips with mom and Heather
BlackBeard's Treasure


Heather you named Daphne the best flower ever!
Dapper dan!!!!

2 comments:

heather said...

ade i love your lists so much. they are so inspiring that i can't think of anything on my own now, i am blinded by your lists' radiances. but, i will attempt. i think it will be fun and it is something i told joey to do too.

i miss road trips with you hon-bun!

Susan said...

What a beautiful lists of desires...inspiring to say the least. A good idea and one to ponder on. I love you...Mom