Monday, December 1, 2008

2 year old Joey birthday cake blowout

Here's one for Emily. Joey is having a two year old birthday party in our Sage Oak Court backyard in Citrus Heights. His friends (mostly older kids, but neighbors/friends all the same) are there and are cheering him on as he tries to blow out the candle (I only see 1 but there's probably 2) When he finally does succeed, the kids all go wild and the uproar scares poor Joey who sits back about to cry. But he forgets the shock as his momma prepares to cut and distribute the cake. Then in typical Joey fashion, he devours his piece just as if it were a burrito at Chipotle. What a little good boy.

5 comments:

AdieSpringB said...

Fofo.

Mikie Beatty said...

I LOVE how mom tells off Matt. This video is awesome

Amy Beatty said...

I love how joey is bouncing on the chair waiting for his piece of cake. What a cute little snuffy bunny face you had. I love this! Thanks Papa! xoxo

heather said...

four dollars! what a steal! this video is a cute little slice of late-eighties life...joey's outfit would still look good on him now. i like how studiously he tries to get the cake off one hand with the other and ends up even more a mess. the cutest part is when he almost cries, though. awesome dad, i love when you post old videos!!!

mattbeatty said...

Dad, I agree with Heather--the old videos are the best (I almost wrote beast). I love how Mom is so authoritarian. "You'll get what I give you." So great.

And I did get told. But I also got asked to get the forks.

"And GI Joe on HBO!"