Friday, December 12, 2008

well it's christmas time pretty baby!

hey all. it's gotten pretty festive around here and it's only getting better!
here are some picture updates of the 905 darlington life.

darin and i carefully selected our beautiful christmas tree from the savemart parking lot.







back at home, we struggled to cut the end off.until martin arrived with his skillsaw to save the day!joey had to get in on the action.getting goofy with the christmas decor:
and trimming the tree, this is darin's favorite ornament, a little devil!

the christmas parade was last sunday. we all walked down and met together across from cozmic. both mom and addie were all decked out in red and green. art was pretty fashionable too. some redneck passersby yelled out "hey look's like the circus hasn't left town yet!" at art. luckily that was taken as a compliment.

the next three pictures show why i love parades in placerville, and this doesn't even include the spry young cheerleaders riding along in the wheelchairs and motorized carts of the El Dorado County Mobility Unit, and then jumping up occasionally to do a cheer! Weird, weird stuff.
here's our little gang. martin chanced upon us, and we found out it was his first real parade ever!

darin begins the major ordeal of getting our house lights up. after several blown fuses, we finally have a nicely lit home!




us girls got together at mom's on monday for a baking day. here's mom kissing nettie next to their pretty little christmas tree.sisters!

addie shows off her cutie little candycane cookies, after i said they looked kinda rustic.this is how we all felt after snacking on dough!



And finally, I thought I'd throw in some photos of my friends from school since this is what consumes my life of late. These are some of my fellow interns, celebrating the last meeting of our group. This is Katie Post and Heather Watson-Perez. I can't tell you how dear these folks are to me.

Rocky, on the left, is from El Dorado Hills and has this adorable scratchy voice. Eric Anderson, on the right, is brilliant and currently applying for Ph.D programs all around the nation.
Here I am with my little trio of buddies: jill (the dancer), casey (creative writer) and garrett (sweetie gay food critic and chef).

7 comments:

AdieSpringB said...

heaths....I love your pics and descrips.....yeah...you just wait about that snow you don't believe in.....I feel the temps dropping now.

I love the cute students you are friends with. Sure wish I knew em! We have to make a girls night in Placerville. Or it could be girls and gay boys night! I would be down with that too! Would not that be a blast!??

Next Wednesday. 10:30pm. Red Hawk. Meet us.

moonshinejunkyard said...

ADDIE!!! next wednesday is karaoke night at powell's! red hawk --ugh! c'mon, you know karaoke night is like a zillion times better.

mattbeatty said...

I love the picture of darin on the roof. Also the bloated adie shot, and heather's cool red mermaid shirt.

So much fun and festivity. We're working on ours too! It's our first year with a real christmas tree (though it's our eighth married christmas).

I'm looking forward to some candy cane cookies. better save me some. Amy made some awesome spiced chai cookies which are excellent. more baked goods to come.

heather said...

mattie, yeah that one of darin on the roof is pretty hilarious. i like his grumbly face. he was actually pretty cheery about it...until later when all the fuses busted. or whatever you call it that happens to fuses. anyway i don't think addie saved any candycane cookies...but maybe. she's not into freezing stuff. i made tons of sugar cookies and frosted them all. i took most of them to my students at school for our last day "party" but i still have a few. i'm going to save them for you guys.

Mikie Beatty said...

this blog is RAD!
seriously. rad.

Amy Beatty said...

I love everything about Christmas. You guys picked out a real beauty, can't wait to see her all done up. My Matty is the man because he had to saw our tree down in the middle of a field at the middle of night and it was a lot of work and at a hard angel laying down on his belly and everything, just to have to cut it again because it was way too big for our home. Love all the Christmas Cheer and your sandals you were wearing to pick out your tree, says Christmas alright, CA style.

Susan said...

Thanks for posting all your fun Holiday doings Heather. I love it how you are indeed the family Historian! Whoever would have thought it would be on the internet!! Too bad we can't save all these posts in a great big photoalbum/scrapbook! Thanks for inviting me to the parade Addie, I had so much fun and I wouldn't have gone if you hadn't called. And also thanks for planning the cookie baking at my house, I loved it! Let's do some more, we need fudge and magic cookie bars and coconut cookies with a cherry on top. Love my family, Momma