Monday, December 22, 2008

simply having a wonderful christmastime.

as always, it is busy busy busy around here. but i can't let a few days go by without my little updates, so here i go.

this is last wednesday. darin and i had a sacramento date: i had some business on campus and then we went to fresh choice for lunch which is always a special treat. then we did some christmas shopping at arden mall and around that area.

we love our huge plates of salad!
this is thursday. it was my last day at school and here i am with my fellow English 50A interns at Zocalo where we gathered for drinks and appetizers after the final. What a beautiful place! It's the kind of place I would never dream of treating myself to, but Eric works there so we got the royal treatment!
That is Professor Sweet in the back, our lovely mentor and guide through this crazy semester! On the left is my friend Meghan who is such a doll; she got us each a specialized gift based on our presentations. So for instance, I got the graphic illustrated Edgar Allen Poe! Sitting next to me is Heather Watson-Perez, another sweetie.


Here is Katie Post, the amazing Professor Toise (technically our internship teacher) and Eric Anderson.

After our wonderful gathering, Addie picked me up at J Street and we headed over to the grand opening of Velvet Leaf, our friends' shop for their lovely sustainable clothing company. The guys' band was playing that night to celebrate the opening and they rocked. I had such a blast.

Here's some of the audience.
Our stellar starboys.

Here's just a cozy in-between moment I had to include. My reading-men.
I finally got to see Kimmy, my pregnant darling forever friend!

She is twenty weeks but hardly showing. Except in one area, you'll notice.

And by the way, it's a girl!

Joey's show at Upstairs Gallery. Here's Nate Lawton playing his sweet tunes.
Phil brought a mask that I adore.Some of the P'ville crew. Mom just glows in her christmas gear.

Oh just hanging out, being handsome devils.
Solomon Fox.

Emma joining in.

Artie on melodica.

Singing Harvest's song. I cried.


And finally, WRAPPING BONANZA at mom's.
It was just me, pops, and momma. Ever since I was little, I felt special when I got both my parents all to myself.
We got really weird. I was laughing so hard there were tears running down my face. Why are my parents the biggest dorks on earth? Mom says "there's such a thing as wraprage. THERE IS!"

Cats love gift wrap.
Dad thought this was very clever. I said, "Uh dad?" And he's like, "I thought it was kinda different."
Then mom and I made fudge!


Here's Darin at the shelter. They had their Christmas open house and then addie and I came over with In-n-Out for him and helped open the presents!"Just a couple of elves, out on the town."

3 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Ok,I'm so in love with this blog. First of all, the name is perfect. That song is a once a year Christmas treat to me, Matt on the other hand can't stand it! It's so corny though that you can't help to have a grand ole time singing along with it. I love your reading men, they are both so charming and lovable. I also love Darin and Art's outfits at their show. SO them! I would love to hear them play. And just you saying that Joey and Emily have a song for Harvest gives me goose bumps. Those two have got such a way of driving their music and lyrics right into the core of your soul. I have got to hear that! Looks like you had fun with Nana and Papa. I can just imagine the madness. I love that Nana has a word for it, of course she does. I would have just thought you guys were wound up tighter than a tick. And Nana, I love your curtains. See you guys soon. xoxo

Amy Beatty said...

Ok, I just went back to show matt your cute blog and forgot to comment on nettie. That picture just reminds me of one of the first times I went to the old house and nettie so conveniently pulled out a drawer and jumped in and then shut it with her still in it. She is so funny. I love her. Matt died with laughter when he saw papas gift to Adie along with your comment.

mattbeatty said...

I can't believe I never commented on this. Must've been a busy time or something. Good good times here, and I wish we were there to see more of the shows that our amazing evergrowing family is capable of putting on.

Love you all, and lovely blog heather.