Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tofurkey Day!

We had monkey bread in the morning and watched the parade. Then Momma worked all day to create the most beautiful and amazing feast of vegetarian goodness.

We had THREE tofurkeys. That's 3 folks. Here is our magnificent Marmee posing with them. Addie made the brussel sprouts...delicious.


The Spread. We had more food than I could have dreamed of. I for one did not care to stop eating...and so I did not stop. When everyone else was too full for pumpkin pie, well, I went ahead and indulged. And I'm glad I did, cause it was worth it.
The Spring Beatty girls giving thanks for each other.


Migs and Candice arrived sort of late. We had already gotten cozy by this point and no one could move.

We watched Totoro and Planes, Trains and Automobiles. We had to undo our buttons in order to breathe. It was such a cozy, cozy, plentiful and perfect day.
Mom, thank you for indulging us all. You are such a good cook and you know how to make everything homey and welcoming and full of joy!

4 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Hurray for Tofurkeys! We made one to take with us to dinner but it was too dang good and was half gone by the time we got to SLC. Love all the photos and the food looked so yummy. We sure missed you guys this year. The last picture of Mikie and Candice is so sweet. I miss you all so much!! Love you xoxo

Susan said...

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I had a lovely time with all of you, I missed Mattie, Amy and the babes! It was a great day and now on to Christmas. I put my outside Christmas lights up today! love you all, Nana/Marmie

Papa Dan said...

I'll have you know that I (papa) also benefited from the fiest by way of left-overs. Susan was kind enough to send me home with 2 plus meals of some of the best Thanksgiving food (sans gobble, gobble) the following day. I swear, the yams were fantastic and I don't usually like sweet potatos. The pumkin pie was out of this world (she outdid herself as usual)

mattbeatty said...

I am a comment slacker. Here's to Tofurkey and Thanksgiving!