Tuesday, June 24, 2008

happy father's days

too much has happened that we haven't written about! if anyone wants to elaborate please feel free. in the meantime, i figured i better post some pics of father's day! these first couple are from mom and show the matt beatty family father's day celebration over at nana's house in the morning. what a great daddy matt is. so patient and fun and kind and endlessly curious and investigative. what a great example of a real man, gentle yet strong. mattie, we are blessed in this world to have you being a father to your amazing children and husband to your amazing wife!here's jarom reading the wall-e book to matt. "smash trash."we made a father's day breakfast at my house and the big daddy forgot about it! well, he showed up, better late than never, and had the graciousness to eat with us even though he'd already eaten cereal for breakfast over at his house! joey brought a bunch of delicious homemade pastries from his work, as displayed in yummy array on the table. me and pops. how blessed we are!
fofe made the potatoes.
sorry matt and amy i am such a terrible photographer and i always get you right when you're eating. still i think it's kinda cute!
awww! what a cutie, eating breakfast.

i celebrate beatty dads because they are funny and dorky and smart and capable. they can do anything and they always make you feel better and safe. they are good examples to all of us about how great we may be. they love us, and we love them!

2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I'm so glad you did this blog. I have been meaning to, but I didn't take any pictures my self so I need to use Nana's. That was such a great morning. Looking at all that good food makes my mouth water and sure enough I'm still eyeing Papa's cinnamon roll. Joey your potatoes were delicious. I love Matty and Papa so much. I feel so lucky to have them in my life.

mattbeatty said...

You guys are/were awesome! What fun this was. We already miss being there so badly. Thanks for posting this little clip of such a long wondrous week. More dads to come, more fun to come.

I'm being a real dad right now, up late practically crying thinking about Jarom and this adorably endearing thing he did today involving a "flower contest" he wanted passersby to be involved in. Fatherhood's the best.