Tuesday, June 10, 2008

color!

hi everyone. i think most of you know what my newest obsession is. PAINTING.

i am pretty proud of my new PINK bedroom. i have always wanted the "paris whorehouse from the 20s" look in my boudoir. i know, it's still a long way off, but at least i got my pink walls! i am going to paint the trim "vermillion."



a few days ago i painted the kitchen and dining area yellow.



even darin got in the spirit a little bit. he painted one wall of his music room a nice deep turquoise. he got tired of painting pretty quickly though.



i want our home to be full of color no matter where we live. painting is not so hard and actually pretty cheap, to add that much joy to a household. i am inspired by the caribbean and its bright colors: the vibrant blues of the sea and the sky, reds and pinks of tulip trees, bougainvillea, and wild roses; the bright hues of sunshine and watermelon, mangoes and grapes, the river and ferns, sunflowers, flamingoes, coral, mint, lime, hyacinth, seashells, silk scarves, blooming courtyards. next up: caribbean cruise, anyone?

5 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

It is so cute. I'm way jealous!!!!!!! I must move some where where I can do that. Every room looks too good to be true. you have done a fabulous job, you busy beauty.

Amy Beatty said...

HI! It's just me again, looking at your pictures once again. I really like how you changed your room around. It looks very cozy and I love the yellow kitchen. Looks so bright and warm- cheery- just like you!!

Stephy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AdieSpringB said...

Heather I love it ! You lucky! I too want millions more fabrics and porcelain things and paintings and flowers and tapestries and leather boots and beads and feathers hanging all throughout my house!
I can't wait to see it in person!

Susan said...

Heather, I can't believe you loved to paint so much. You did an awesome job. All the colors are just perfect! I love how you changed the furniture around. I miss living there with you. I have such good memories of living with you and Darin. I love my new little house, but I do miss the company of always having someone around. I need more visitors here... I do have alot of wildlife though. Love you so much honey, Momma