Thursday, July 5, 2007

sweet plums are falling

hi all. we are in the land of the angels now. i am actually pretty enchanted by where dave lives. it is in the hip little neighborhood of los feliz, in walking distance to the best eateries and a cute cheap theater and rad little gift stores and bookstores and newsstands, all surrounded by bougainvillea and trees dropping trumpet shaped pink flowers all over the sidewalks, and quiet little bungalows, and families, and punkrockers, and all sorts of beautiful people. mikie if you ever move to l.a. this is where you'd want to live, i promise, and we'll come visit a lot. there are things that are addictive about l.a like the great movies playing in every theater and the abundance of record stores and the flowers flowers flowers blooming everywhere. other things, not so great, like it taking an hour and a half to drive like ten miles. we tried to go to the beach today, but over at venice it was cloudy and breezy and overcast, even though here it is bright sun and gorgeous. so we shopped at aardvark's instead. darin got a rad 'red cloud' tee shirt and i got some cutie homemade skirts for like six bucks each. parking is a nightmare by the beach, and it was kinda chilly, so we headed back to dave's, passing by the santa monica temple, which i photographed.

we went to a bar called bird's last night which is my favorite, with red lights and velvet curtains and bamboo birdcages and swanky funky lights, it was beautiful and cozy. i got to talk a lot to ashley, dave's girl, and she is lovely. i am so glad there are so many nice, truly NICE, people on earth. even here in hipster-ville los angeles, we've got plenty of "CONGRATULATIONS!" and beep beeps and waves and peace signs...and our car decor is fading, but still showing the love.

i love you all and wish you could all be traveling with us!

i bought eleven ripe plums at the farmers market in santa monica and they've been my snacks the past couple days and every bite reminds me of escondido and being six years old and raggedy and barefoot and climbing trees like a wild gypsy child and eating plums straight from the branches all summer.

o eucalyptus, o green branches, and endless southern california sun!

5 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I want, I want, I want: plums, home made skirts, the beach, cute l.a. . you even make the hour and a half sound like fun. I'm glad you two are having such a wonderful time. I love reading about it.

Papa Dan said...

Your blogs,Heather are ...enchanting.. It's thrilling to hear how much wonder and love of life and for each other you describe. I'm glad you two are so happy. I'm delighted.

Be careful(had to say that)
I love you

AdieSpringB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AdieSpringB said...

heather I'm jealous! I want a job so so so so bad so I can go to fun places and buy six dollar skirts. I have been B R O K E for months it seems. I'm starting to wonder what's better, hating my life and commuting but having SOME money, or barely barely barely making rent but recording and being creative more often. Well, JK. I guess I really wouldn't go back to the first thing EVER. Have so much fun! I love you and miss you! Can't wait to see pics of your trip. Cameron has all your wedding ones on a disc.

AdieSpringB said...

sorry, the wording for one of my comments sounded, well..... weird. I had to redo it.