Friday, July 20, 2007

i hate vacuums

hey everbody.
sounds like we're all living pretty different lives. heather's married now, but the biggest difference id say is her BIKEriding of late. awesome heather. i applaud thee.
dad's actually got his vhs-to-dvd converter thing working, and he's USING it. good job dad. a big step. serious. i wanna see all that old family stuff even tho i'll act like i don't want to watch it, and i'll walk to the bathroom and watch thru the crack in the door.
addie's getting a case of the lonelies, it sounds like, unles im way behind. addie, dont worry, its quite interesting being in a town where you know nobody and nobody really knows you. think how free you are!
mum is coming with us on a camping trip, but plans to stay in a marriot.....okay, whatever floats your boat. hows nett? oh yea, and i heard about the fire near moms house, nothing burnt down rite? if i didnt know by now thatd be sad.
mikie's got a couple things im jealous of. a construction-almost-type job, and a lady friend.
matt and amy and babes, their just bein sweet and stayin busier than anyone ive really even known of, which kinda blows my mind when i think bout it.
and in contrast, i just slept almost nine hours. but it's early (for me) and im up gettin ready to go to work...or i guess getting ready for work for me implies waking up an hour or two before i have to be there and listening to music and messing around with the computer until about five minutes before i've gotta be there, at which point i put on my pants, brush my teeth, and get on my bike.
so, about me, i'm in a pretty different spot than ive been before. last time i was living down here i ended up being utterly alone in this town for about a month. now it's been almost two and im pretty used to it, the isolated solitude i mean. at work i have a few buddies, just acquaintences to pass the worktime with, and discuss angrily the corporate management and lame policies of our STUPID STUPID STUPID company (dont count on me working for good ol' regal theatres a whole lot longer.) but other than that, i really dont know anybody at all. ive been riding my bike all over town, which is amazing. i have a super light, thin road bike that is so fun to ride and not very heavy so i can sling it over my shoulder and walk down onto the sand with it, which i do and bring a steinbeck book in my back pocket and gape at the pacific sunset and couples hugging and throwing frisbees for their dogs. i like to stroll downtown, or down to the boardwalk, and watch the people. i like to hear bits and pieces of conversations. i like to take frozen photographs of people in my mind and think about every aspect of their mysterious lives. even tho im rather alone, there are tons of people all around me that i can dream about being friends with, or something like that.
HAHA how lame i am.
i do like it tho, dont get me wrong at all. i have all my time on my hands, ive been recording songs and writing stuff all the time, reading lots of books and watching lots of good movies and renting tv shows (planet earth and the office are the most brilliant works.) but i hope it doesn't always stay this way. maybe someday ill have more than two or three close friends, and maybe we might live in the same town. and maybe someday ill get some sorta girlfriend. and maybe someday ill eat my young. and maybe someday my young will eat me.
anyways, eddy's losin his mind sprinting around my room. and ive really gotta vacuum, but the thing about that is....
im never going to.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Joey, I loved reading this slice of your life there in Santa Cruz. To me it sounds wonderful...but I do wish you had your best friends all around you so you'd never be lonely. The thing about you is that you always make the best of the situation and you get out and about. People watching is so fun, I love to do it too. People are interesting and lovable creatures. I'm proud of you and all that you have and are accomplishing. I miss you though, but know that you are grown up now and need to be out on your own. Nettie is fine and very sassy and happy to be the queen. She had a little comeuppance the other day when the fire was close, I had to call Heather who went over and evacuated her and took her to her Darlington house, boy was Nettie pissed! But as all went well, we got her home quickly. Lots of excitement and smoke but all is well now. There's a great article in the Mountain Democrat today about Echo Lake, it has lots of pictures and talks about a Pacific Rim Trail. I'm going to buy a paper today and cut it out so you can read it. As I was driving down to Cameron Park today I imagined what it must have been like before all the cars, roads, cat dealers, businesses and the like. The new buildings in Cameron Park have great "V" shaped roofs and look like something from outer space. I dislike them very much!! Joey you need to read one of my very favorite books called "Men to Match My Mountains" by Irving Stone. It's all about the mountain men and the crossing of the Sierras during the 1800's. You will love it! It will make you know for sure that you were born in the wrong generation, much less century!! See if you can get that book used, you won't regret it.
Oh, and by the way, I won't be staying at a Marriott in Moab but at a little place that Darin and Heather have stayed at before called the Rustic Inn.
Love you, can't wait to see you, Mom

Susan said...

Of course I meant car dealers and not cat dealers...silly me.

Amy Beatty said...

Joey, you bring a smile to my face. Your life sounds wonderful. I would give anything to lay on the beach with a great book, that I would hardly even open, because I love people watching. It's a crazy hobby of mine. Sounds like you have as many friends as matt does which ='s no real Friends. He has people he likes to talk with at work but thats about it. Poor fella. Anyways, those planet earth shows are amazing. We love them. And what is this, fire in Placerville? You know more than I.

mattbeatty said...

We love the Planet Earth shows. We actually bought them, even off the Discovery channel, just cause they were that great. I want to watch them on the big screen. Which Steinbeck are you reading? Any should be wonderful. What a great place to be to be reading Steinbeck. California, the beach. So--see you soon. Oh yeah, and where are those songs you're recording? I've only gotten one as of late.

heather said...

foferino you're the best. today at work this wandering type blond guy came in and sat down with his copy of A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. I said,"hey i'm reading that too." he was too shy to talk about it much but he read all through his meal, which was neat. anyway it's true your life sounds dreamy to all of us busybodies. nothing in this wild wide world can beat a day at the ocean. hey where'd you get the bike? i didn't know you had a bike, much less such a good one?! mine kinda really sucks. but that's what makes me strong. i wimped out and had darin drive me today because i was in 50's clothes. at least we carpooled.

mom, you are cute too. you are so grandma cherie, cutting out a newspaper article for joey. there is something very endearing about that.

i love my fam!