Saturday, July 7, 2007

hi everyone. its joey, remember me? i just thought i'd drop by and say hello.
so hello.
so i had a pretty nice time back there in placerville this weekend, hanging out with all of you. literally everybody was around so it was pretty cool. and its weird how much i seem to have crammed in, i ended up being able to hang out with most of my friends a lot as well as my family. only in three days. well it was a good three days.
me and the infamous stan and my other buddy cory went on a sweet little desolation invasion. i love to do it so much, i love it more than anything else in life, really. i wish it was more possible in this modern world to just do that kind of thing with almost all your time. but of course i cant. i am an de-adapted human, we've evolved into wimps. so i blame it on time, on my life's placement in it's line. because really i wish i could just survive and be alone and maybe have some primitive man-buddies out in their own parts of the woods but i wish i was just a human living all badass and rugged in the mountains surviving and keeping watch over my area of the woods, the desolate granite wilderness. id own pyramid peak. i would live at the top and no one could climb it or i would assassin them in the nite on their trip back to whence they came to tackle my mountain home.
anyways i just really love being out there, there's nothing like it. no words even.
--------
so i wrote all of that last nite and then got interrupted somehow, now its sunday morning and i awoke to grey overcast sheets covering the sky and a happy little drizzle. its real nice here. especialy like this. i like the gloom. anyways since i fell asleep i have lost the motivation to continue on telling you guys about my weekend, but anyways i miss you all and see you in august when we go to utah. or if anyone wants to come hang out with me here, im pretty available. BYE

8 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I feel the same way . I would love more than anything to live out in the woods. But not so much as the badass but more in a mother earth kind of way. You can have pyramid peak. I want something a little warmer with soft rolling hills. Anyways, I wish I could come visit you. Your happy drizzle makes me happy.

Susan said...

Joey, you should watch Jeremiah Johnson, it's about a badass mountain man, but he's got heart. I'm so glad you love nature like that, it's wonderful that you have gotten to go camping since you were a little baby. I remember taking you up to Lake Tahoe when you were only l year old with the whole family and camping, even Grandma Georgie was there. Dad carried you in a backpack when we hiked down to see Vikingsholm. So you've been loving nature since you were a babe! I'm glad you can share that experience with the family each year. I love you, Mom

AdieSpringB said...

hi goph. I can't believe mom said "badass". I guess you did, so she got the idea from you? Not sure, anyhoo- Sunday was a the laziest day for me too. I had a job interview today. I am scared about getting the August days off if I have a job, but screw it I am going to make it work. I know what you mean. Man, this wimpy society. I sure hope you get to see a movie called The Claim. It's pretty damn good and it's about imigrants all coming over to a tiny town called "Kingdom Come" near Truckee -during the gold rush in Cali. Back then everyone just dug fer gold, built churches and hotels TOGETHER, put in a few irrigation ditches, and payroll and office jobs were purty much obsolete. I would even like THAT kind of work better than most jobs today. At least you are like a tribe, in a new village or town being built, you help feed each other, you build things together, crappy status symbols like degrees from school didn't matter, and life was just about survival. I would have damn preferred that. I am hoping to get on with music one day to finance just a few small items. Ya know, get on a tiny label and make music my main income. Just enough to get by is FINE by me. Love ya boy. Larve you, even.

AdieSpringB said...

I didn't mean I would like a payroll or office job. I meant I want to build things and work my ass off making a new town or something. And not buildings that have to measure up to some shitty city CODES or whatever. Just bungalows, shanties, what have you... Someday, me and Arty are gonna do that.

mattbeatty said...

What everyone said-- well I'm there too. Yeah California's a pretty great place--where you're at Joey, where Placerville is and so on--because we get places like pyramid peak and desolation wilderness and then there's the ocean and the desert, the river, and at least *some* of it's untouched. All of it I want to visit. You've got it right Joey.

It's funny how in some ways you come to think of these places as *yours*, like we own them a little because we've put so much time in, so much of our lives in close proximity to them. How many times have we driven highway 50 over echo summit and gone down into tahoe? How many times have we been up and in and through that forest? Or on 88/89, Kirkwood and Markleeville and on over to 395? It's pretty amazing. I love California, I really do think it's part of me, it's part of every one of us--that can't be helped.

heather said...

matt i agree with your california comments. i, too, am enchanted by the wild and rambling land of our blessed home state. touring hearst castle was a unique california experience, and our tourguide told us that william r. hearst was truly california born and bred and therefore wanted to incorporate some sense of cali history and style into his mansion. you can feel so much here...driving down the whole coast...or out in the mountains, there is history and sadness but also such wild longing and freedom. joey this blog is awesome and i can't wait to plan some hikes with you. you're lucky in santa cruz because you have good woodsy foresty mountains nearby but you are right by the ocean. love you!

Susan said...

Hey Amy said "badass" too... You guys make me want to hike and camp in the wilderness. Maybe someday I can.

Mikie Beatty said...

the day mom camps in the wilderness is the day I get married. maybe it'll be because my wedding will BE in desolation wilderness, so mom will have no choice but to backpack up into the mountains to watch us wed in white wild wonderlands