Tuesday, March 13, 2007

rhapsody


the days and evenings are so balmy it feels like june. i am in love with the spring time.

right now every day is so busy i have to have long to-do lists to keep track of everything i need to accomplish. today's included: bank, dmv, yard sale flyers, clean bathrooms, hang laundry, use coinstar to cash out all my change, post new stuff on ebay, clean out car, get stuff ready for yard sale. it has been a full day and the sun is shining and i've been running around in my big rainbow colored sundress that people stare at, and i have my big diet coke cup from del taco and it keeps my engine running. the night is so warm right now that all my windows are open.

daffodils are in bloom all over my yard. everything is green and yellow and white blossoms drifting down from the trees. march is a magical month. everything is coming up, and every day is beautiful.
if only i could keep from those over-stressed moments. last night we went to the movies to see "history boys." mom, joey and i met at the theater. darin was working and i had to bring him a raley's sandwich. i was so frazzled when i got there, my blood was still racing from all the things i'd had to do, the lists i was making, the thoughts racing in my head.

after today (a day off work) i feel better. i have a completely legal and registered 1988 ford econoline van which is almost trip-ready. i have lots of great albums downloaded to my ipod. i have $320 in cash that came from all the coins i've saved for the past eight or nine months. little things like this ease my mind. my bathrooms are relatively clean and my car is tidy. nothing is perfect, but as mom says, "messy is the new neat." so i'm trying to just relax and enjoy being alive in the springtime.

by the way, our weekend in santa cruz and modesto was amazing. i look at the beach pictures we took and i just want to cry with joy. being at the ocean is the best feeling on earth. the sand was warm and everything was gritty and golden and so alive around us. the sand crab in my hand felt like a connection to every bit of life that has ever existed on this marvelous earth. seeing 95-year old grandma georgie the next day and all that family, and knowing that we have relatives down in honduras who have a huge "garcia" family reunion in august just adds to this connectivity.

my goal every day, in every way, is to be more connected to this earth and the human experience, which is an animal experience, which is also a flower and cloud and drum and echo and mountain and stone, brother and sister experience. i am so grateful eternally to be a part of this.

2 comments:

Mikie Beatty said...

It's funny how different your perspective is from mine. It's really amazing, actually - I live here, I see here every day, I am forced to wake up and feel hear the beach in the morning as typical and routine, to smell that wet ocean air as normal, to drive in the fog or sun to class, tired and unawake, all just the same as you would in Placerville with all the things there that make that city unique. Only, I am happy for the difference. Mostly because I've lived there, and now I live here, and soon I'll live completely somewhere else. It's an indescribably magical experience, to truly live in new places away from your homes before. Sadly, I have no desire to go back to my old homes anymore, I just want to keep moving forward. But I will be staying in Placerville this summer - except with a new frame of mind. I think Location plays a tune to our lives, and to disregard where you are living is to chop off half your brain in waste. I love where I live now, and it has finally become something comfortable and normal - always new and always exciting for me. I hope every city I dive into from here on out only shows me more of this Better, more of this Good, more of this Unpredictable fluid kind of Life.

AdieSpringB said...

NEON BIBLE NEON BIBLE
NOT MUCH CHANCE OF SURVIVAL IF THE NEON BIBLE IS TRUE.