Friday, March 23, 2007

Pizza My Tatts





so,

I've been toying lately with the idea of getting a tattoo somewhere near where my right shoulder connects to my arm. I've gone through a few universal designs, trying to discover something ambiguous enough to not really mean anything, attractive enough so people would like looking at it, simple enough so that I would never regret getting it, and personal enough so that I know all the things it might signify to me and how getting it helps to anchor and spark my creativities as I venture through the rest of my life.
That said,

I realized today I already have some tattoos on my body! They're inconspicuously planted on the inner-sides of both my forearms, and I forgot I had gotten all of them in Santa Cruz over the past 3 years. (One particularly recent one too, from the Theater). What are these tattoos of, you might ask??

BURNS! Fat, long, thinny, dark, faded, multiple burns adorning my half-white forearm skin. And there they are! All this talk about "permanent body markings" and I'd forgotten the burns I've been getting from my shortness and the ovens at Pizza My Heart over the past couple seasons - and likely a few more to come since I'm going back to work there next week for a couple months.

Oh well, the tattoo on my upper-shoulder is still in the works though. I have a few ideas for it, and thought maybe you guys would have some suggestions as well!

On a different note, I've been walking around the hot sun of Placerville all day, and I have a newfound insatiable love for seeing parts of places here I've never seen before. Placerville is just like the rest of the natural world: foreign, mysterious, abused, powerful and always new and growing. Hooray for natural prospects, and God bless the one eternal reality in which I fluxuate a discover day by day. Ciao mi familia!
*mig

No comments: