Wednesday, March 14, 2007

We split! We split!



Tonight was our performance of The Tempest in front of a public audience. We all donned our white costumes (mine of white tux slacks, white shoes, white socks, a white button-up shirt [sleeves rolled up] a white tie, white suspenders and a daper hairdo) and in the cool fog of a warm Santa Cruz evening we told the short story of Shakespeare's Tempest t0 100-someodd Santa Cruzien residents. Twas ah-magical. I loved it.

That said, all day long since the bright easterly sun shined directly into my eyes at 8 o'clock this morning, I have been thinking about what job I need to get for the next 3 months. I know that every monday/wednesday/friday morning till 1 o'clock I will be performing endless Tempests to high school and junior high kids in the tri-counties surrounding Santa Cruz, but other than that I absolutely need some other kind of work. I could go back to Pizza Delivery temporarily, but I'm worried that might leave me horribly unsatisfied. I could try to get a server job, but alas there are slim-to-none to be had. I could land a job at Costco or Nob Hill (Raley's) or some other corporate grocery store, but for some reason I shun such ideas. I could work locally at a coffee/bakery shop like Daniel does, make minimal tips but have easy fun work and barely pay rent. What should I do!? Any suggestions from the family? I don't really have anything else to do now but get a job, so this is a pretty big decision.

ALSO: I am getting a laptop by the end of the summer to replace my beautiful education-machine that was this little faithful Dell.

So there's my update - Living on the brink again. The ship is wrecking, the island is landing, the storm is finishing, and I'm standing trying to make something of all of it, again. Dagnabbit.

I told my friend while standing in the vom of Mainstage this morning, "I figured out that it's much less where you are and what you're doing that really makes you happy, than who's there doing it with you."

Oh, and Joey: you don't know the heaven you've brought into our home by transporting that SuperNintendo here when you came. Thank, you, thank, you, Nyet nyet nyet.

2 comments:

heather said...

mikie aren't you making some money doing the shakespeare shows? then, just go ahead and get a cute little cafe/coffeeshop job like daniel and live on the edge and you will be okay with money, just try not to think about it too much and it will flow. be happy and giving, and money comes to you. that is my philosophy.

Papa Dan said...

What Heather said, ditto
Dad