Thursday, March 8, 2007

Rainy nights and Sunny mornings

I have a cute little squirrel who loves to come to my front porch and nibble up all the bird seed I leave out. I have a regular menagerie on my front porch. Every morning when the sun comes up I can hear the brilliant birdsong and open the curtains to a flutter of all types of birds from finches to scrubjays. There are also the LBJ's or Little Brown Jobs as Suzanne calls them. They are little fat round birds with striped heads and wings that are so cute. They are ground birds who peck up the seed on the porch railing (when the squirrel isn't there) and porch floor and out by the tree where I have placed a pie dish of water for them to bathe in. What a way to start the day. Now that the sun is up early it is alot easier to get going in the morning without that slow dark dragging down of sadness. This little house is cute and when the sunshine is flowing in it is bright and cheery. I just need some darling little grandchildren running about inside to make it sing.

Tomorrow we will go to Santa Cruz to see Mikie in his plays. I am looking forward to a day of driving, bookstore browsing, Mexican food eating, Bunny shop sleuthing, beachfront strolling, water bright gazing, and laughing out loud at the wonderfully creative, bright costumy, eye-rolling silliness of Mikie's new comedys.

Have a lovely, bright, sunshiny Thursday all my precious ones. Never fail to smile at others, say Hi to everyone you meet and bring a ray of sunshine into anyone you see or meet. You never know what is going on in there life and how that one bright ray may change their life.

Love, you know who

1 comment:

Amy Beatty said...

Well, I'm glad it's sunny there, it is nice and rainy here. It's a good change though. The babies can not wait for you to come! We always miss you.