Friday, July 4, 2008

because heather said i have to

this is what summers been like.




for four days emma and me went to this place called Sea Ranch in Mendocino county where her parents rented a sweet fully furnished, libraried, book-on-taped, cable-televisioned vacation home. luxury? does exist, and sometimes its not vile and despicable. sometimes it totally rules. so this is where we were at, sorry i didnt get any pictures of the inside of the house. the first one is kind of the living room area.



you dont know this sweet boy but his names trevor and he's emmas little brothers friend who came along. anyways thats part of the bookcollection. rad copy of ulysses and some cool nature atlases from the 60s.



heres the view from the porch. one minute walk to the beach.



well amy, you were wondering what mysterious happenings occured in those haunted mountains. im afraid youll never know the sacrificial and demonic nature of the outing. but heres some hints, some clues.



here in narnia was found the crown of moss.

lake

tree


keiths dome which we conquered

8600 feet or so


pussypaws


then a couple days later me and emma went to wrights lake and hiked to twin lakes in desolation.

(emma's new best friend whom she named juniper jeffrey. yellow bellied marmot.)


heres some miscellaneous stuff too. good talkin everyone. goodday.









4 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

living the high life, huh Joey. Do you feel bad for leaving us all behind? because I do. I'm so glad you posted all those awesome pictures. I never knew that me and Emily were twins. Marmots have always been my very favorite too. I can't believe you were able to get so close to him. And I love the pictures of you and Emily, that one kind of looks as though it could be announcing something- like-"were going to school together" or maybe "we love marmots" . I don't know. Give it some thought. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

heather said...

i love what amy wrote. it's true, the montage of you and em is so cute. like, you're both lonely and then, whoopsy, you're makingout lovingly! hooray! anyway you guys are so lucky to get to stay in that beautiful vacation home. i agree, once in a while some pure old fashioned indulgence is pretty fine.
and i love that you posted the hayden song! that one is so beautiful. i love hearing him sing it again, brought me right back.

Susan said...

Hey Joey you've been having some awesome times this summer. So beautiful. Thanks for posting a slice of your life. I'm jealous of that beautiful place in Mendocino County. I want to go there someday. I love the marmot, so cute!

mattbeatty said...

I'm glad that I got to be involved in some of these memories. How was Wrights Lake? Sadly I've never been there. That vacation home looks pretty awesome. Did you ever read Ulysses? It's quite a read. If you ever do want to read it, let me know, and I'll do so again. It's a challenge I need I think.