Sunday, May 11, 2008

Nana Dear



We love you so, your happy smiling face, is such a joy to look at you make home a lovely place.

Nana's love is what makes our world go round. A natural born mother and caregiver. So nurturing and compassionate. Always giving - ever giving. You have a special talent to make every holiday and tradition so full of excitement and never ending joy as we open gift after gift, snack on homemade or store bought goodies, watch Pall One or have a slice of your world-famous Texas chocolate fudge cake (let's keep that one in the family). You're radiant and beautiful inside and out. A true beauty. A heart pure as gold that ever shines on us. Always encouraging, pushing us forward, patting our backs, holding our hands, wiping our tears, cheering and cheering, lifting us higher and higher. We feel so loved in your light and carry your glow with us, within us.



5+4+3=12! Your true loves. Your ever growing family. Your 5 precious babies, their 4 loves, and your 3 grandbabes. How blessed we all are to have you as our matriarch. You have paved our way through kind selfless acts of love. It sometimes kills me to watch you bend over backward, going this way and that way. To make US feel happy, comforted and loved. Never asking for anything in return. Just seeing our smiles is enough. We could NEVER doubt your love for us. Your love has been the most influential, unwavering, constant thing in our lives.



Ways you have influenced me, or things that remind me of you:

Library. I have always liked the library, but you have deepened my love for it. We love our weekly library trips. You have truly given us the gift to love and appreciate books. It's been passed down to your grandchildren too. They beg for goodnight stories and I couldn't imagine a better thing to beg for. And on Joey's birthday we will be signing the kids up for the summer reading club. We can't wait!!



Making something out of nothing. Matt doesn't understand this one. Maybe it's only something us Beattys-by-marriage can see. It's when something that normally would go unnoticed to the untrained eye gets praised, acknowledged, glorified, and just plain old recognized. This is not a bad thing. It might sometimes seem overboard to some of us. But in the end I have come to enjoy and try to do use this method myself. I have seen firsthand through you, my husband and even the children I have born. It's amazing and wonderful to see the scroungy, might I add scary cat become a most cherished, delightful little lap cat. This something out of nothing goes farther than cats. But to make the most out of everything. To not let the simple things in life pass you by. Those are the things in the end that make our lives worth living. The things we will miss dearly when they are gone.



This post in honor of you would not be complete without mentioning: HGTV, homes, shabby chic, Martha Stewart, sweet treats, the best cheesy scrambled eggs, birds, books, movies, Josh Groban, cats, care packages, worrying, protective, Sutter Creek, flowers - roses, diet pepsi, everyones BIGGEST fan (that is, everyone in the family, the smell of tide, black forest ham (not anymore, but it still makes me think of you), monkey bread, tofurkey, "Oey's going to take a bassy", Bessie Pease Gutmann, Eloise Wilkin, "I love you a bushel and a peck". Your zeal and passion for life are never ending.

I hope you feel our love for you this day and know how very much you mean to us.

She loves me- Jarom
I love she- Bella

4 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my gosh, I just put my makeup on and now I'm all covered in tears! That was so sweet, I appreciate all the kind things you said about me! And it goes both ways. What about Amy, the sweetheart, the adorable, spontaneous, fun-loving, thoughtful, young mother in the family who is always creating such wonderful and memorable moments for her children. You are a natural at motherhood and deserve the best Mother's Day ever! Thank you for that beautiful tribute. I can't wait to see you all and hug my precious grandbabies...

Mikie Beatty said...

awesome amy! ok irony: I was going to write a momblog today - and the title was "scrambled eggs with cheese". incredibly this memorable dish bridges more than just gaps in my unsatisfiable heart..and i'm glad to see you threw that in there. additionally, I think I know a little country girl who also probably remembered you this mother's day. yet she's pretty short, so I'd give her a half a point. 12.5, something like that.

i love you mama. i miss not getting to ask if you wanted to go to a movie or dinner this mothers day. instead i delivered 20+ pizzas to mothers and their children all over Burbank tonight. in honour of my own mother, thanks for helping me bring warm cheesy goodness to the homes of many wonderful mothers - and I hope your week upcoming will be a fresh one full of excitement and newness. here's to good times that just keep on keeping on

moonshinejunkyard said...

i love this blog and i love what you wrote in response, mikie! i can't believe you and amy both think of scrambled eggs n cheese when you think of mom! crazy! it is not something i would automatically remember but come to think of it, she makes it for darin and joey here at my house quite often! it took me a while to figure out what you meant by 12.5 but i think i get it. very sweet. i bet you made the evening quite fun for all those mommas getting to order in nice yummy pizza with their kids. sorry you weren't with us but i am so excited you are coming up for joey's birthday!!!
love you and love you mom and amy too! can't wait for us all to hang out together!

mattbeatty said...

Amy's the best, most thoughtful and caring person I know (along with Heather and Mom). You three are my trio of care, love and affection!

Mom--you're wonderful. The best. Perfect. Thanks for being you, and know that I am me because you are you.

Mikie--thanks for the comments. I'm with Heather though, that I wouldn't necessarily have associated scrambled eggs/cheese with Mom, though it really does belong, doesn't it? I got the 12.5 thing. A little cute and sad at the same time (I don't really know why). Sorry the whole point wasn't in there, but we just didn't know how to figure it--if you catch my drift.

I was thinking though--how many people out there have Mother's Day come along and think, I know! Let's order some pizzas! It'll be the perfect Mother's Day treat/gift. Weird. But could be a nice dinner-making break/replacement so, I get it.

I love everyone on here.