Monday, May 19, 2008

Bella's Birthday and upcoming birthdays for others

First of all I want to say Happy Birthday to the prettiest princess ever!!!! The most charming one of them all, Bella Beatty. I hope your birthday was marvelous! I hope to see pictures!
Secondly, I want to say I am sorry I did not send a gift. I am SOOOO terrible about gifts.

I also have decided that I probably am going to forfit on birthday gifts unless I see something that markedly draws me in and makes me KNOW the person with the birthday would love it. I just felt this overwhelming crazy sadness about buying future birthday gifts for people the other day. I was in the bathroom and looked at this lotion I have, which is the same one I got for one of my grandmother's in-law for her birthday..... Suddenly I sighed with a strange exhaustion at my future self and thinking of the hundreds of different birthdays I will have to be buying the obligatory gift, last minute, not knowing what I am looking for, finding something they may not even ever like. I'm over stressing about such things. Christmas seems different to me for some reason. I would rather get gifts for people at random, when the perfect thing for them shows up and it makes me think of them. What with Art's family being about 100 plus people and ours not being small either, it is just too crazy. Getting gifts for Heather and such will always be easy, cause I know what she loves. But I don't know what everyone else loves, and I don't always come across anything I think they might love during their birthday week. And I hate getting gifts out of obligation, it's just not quite the same.

Maybe that's lame. I am sorry.
Joey, I do however, know EXACTLY what I am getting you for yours! Easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




love to you all,
adie

1 comment:

moonshinejunkyard said...

bella, i am glad i sent you a birthday gift but i am so sorry i didn't post a special blog on here about our beautiful tiny four year old princess! i cannot WAIT to see pictures of both the party and beach adventures. i am checking on an hourly basis. much love to all beattys and special kisses for birthday girl bella. i know it was a glorious one with lots of fun activities.