Monday, May 26, 2008

First day of running for Havasu


First off, this is meant not only to inspire me to get in shape, but others in our family as well ;) Well, the ones that don't live in Utah that is- they are my inspiration! Thanks to Amy's comment on my other blog, I did it today. I went to Kmart and bought some cheap running shorts that are soft and I can sleep in. And a new sports bra because I can't find my old one. I wore my shorts around the hips cause they would be like underwear if I didn't but they made my belly and saddlesides even more noticeable (see photo)! I don't care cause soon it will be gone! Better late than never, I took off around 3:15 pm today running. I went about 3 miles, and walked up the hills (a beginner again) and ran when I felt inspired, which was frequently because I just made the coolest playlist on my Ipod ever. And then I just set it to shuffle on the song settings so the playlist jumps around. I love running to music, in fact, strangely, I can't really do it at all without music. It's seriously 10 times easier to run with my ipod and my big headphones and "Summer of 69" blasting in my ear. Plus my playlist is everything from Tom Petty to the Pet Shop Boys to INXS to Erasure. Music seemed alot more energizing and simultaneously pretty in the 80s! The weather was so beautiful today, all gray and cold, and after about 3 minutes in your shorts you get warm from the blood pumping! It's harder in the heat as I remember from last summer, but OK either early in the AM or late at night. In today's weather, at least my face did not turn into a crazy blob of a smashed tomato-red. I actually looked normal when I was done, see photo again! It was truly so much fun. Actually, not at all lying, by the time I was back at my house I didn't want to stop. I was WAY inspired, just like if I was out dancing!
So I am committing to 4 days a week at the least, running, and if my muscles hurt too much or something, at least walking fast. I think we should all start up the fun! Hey did you see the new custom made Obama shirt I am wearing? Art and I had them made to say whatever we wanted!
I want to rule at Havasu. It's gonna be a little difficult to be that hot in the first place, so I thought the best thing I could do was make it a bit easier on my body. Dad, do you know anyone with backpacks for women?

LOVE!

4 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Addie I'm so proud and jealous of you. Running is the best and I haven't been able to go in a few days. I also try and run four days a week and haven't been since Friday. It's addicting and my body is craving it. I love you. Your playlist sounds great. You're right it is kind of like dancing when you have music, you get all pumped up and happy and the music cruises through your veins. Keep it up, and you will feel better and feel great about your body.

Amy Beatty said...

I think your picture is super cute!!!!!!!!!!!

heather said...

addie you're the freaking cutest thing. you are KIND of inspiring me...i don't know about running but i might try vigorous walking. i have been having fun trying to get stocked up on backpacking supplies with matt and amy, the best supply-researchers, and planning on river hikes down the big hill at bucks bar and walking everywhere in placerville to get nice and strong. anyway, you look like you're 12 in the pic and i love your super dorky outfit and stance, it made me squeal with delight!

mattbeatty said...

Good job Adie! Now you need to get others motivated (Dad?).