Sunday, March 9, 2008

we love the sun!

over here in p-ville: here are our springish activities of late:

i met up with dad and grammy for lunch/dinner (lunner) the other day between classes. grandma georgie is 96 years old folks!!!! and she lives on her own and has a cat (that was boggling my mind, some little creature is totally dependent on grandma georgie - wow). anyway we had a nice meal at chico's tecate grill and now i know where dad gets his love for cheese enchiladas.

darin and i went to visit addie and artie over the weekend. we went out to this beautiful little spot called "bridgeport" which has a very informative visitor center with nature walks and bird spotting. it is the site of the longest covered bridge in california, a beautiful old structure crossing the lovely aquamarine yuba river. addie whipped out the tall boots and gold panning supplies and got about three particles about the size of a speck of dust. she is probably the cutest gold miner ever and those old clampers best look out! this river spot is absolutely beautiful and the drive out there goes through beautifully blossoming countryside complete with baby cows nuzzling their mommas, regal llamas grazing, and ponies dozing in the sun. that night coal beautiere played a show and it was good to see them back in action on their native soil!











meanwhile, mom and i have been feeling springy, making "leprechaun candy," taking country drives to look at houses for rent and sale, and hanging out with the cats in the yard with the sunshine and blossoms. we are lucky to have such a nice big backyard where i can sit and do homework every day for hours.


here's mom making leprechaun candy from a recipe we got from my first-grade teacher after i made these in a class st. patrick's day project:

and our outside joys:



easter egg in the grass:

4 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

You and Nana are so cute. The kids got their boxes today. Bella is in her room playing with her new princess and ballet bunny-it couldn't be any more perfect for her. Jarom and Bella already used all of their bubbles. I don't think Orion had ever seen bubbles before. So everyone was happy. Jarom is sitting on the couch with a new favorite movie yelling at bella that the movie is starting. I loved the little bunnies that the kids got in their baskets. They are too cute. You two make our life's wonderful. Thank you. We are waiting to open Oey's gifts on his birthday. by the way Addie is the most beautiful little gold digger ever. Thats so nice that you got to go out with grandma Georgie. She is so fun. I'm glad that you and Nana get to do so many fun things together. I can't wait to see you gals again. We miss you. And feel so blessed to have you in our family. We love you xxoo p.s. the little hopping egg O got is the best. You should see Oey's little face and I've have never ever seen him crawl so fast after something. It's too funny. Thank you for EVERYTHING. I love how you have a picture for everything you talk about. You should all blog like you.

mattbeatty said...

Heather early spring in Placerville is calling to me! It was good to talk to you on the phone last night. And as Amy said already (and I'll reiterate), we (+ the kids) loved the boxes! You guys are too good. I love the pictures of the cats in the lawn. Makes me really miss having cats around constantly, sleeping with Sassy and so on.

PS: I want some of that leprechaun candy. I remember it vividly.

AdieSpringB said...

Heather this post is adorable! Sorry I am just now getting to it. I WISH YOU AND MOM lived here instead! I wake up every morning and both the boys are gone and I am so lonesome for true girl talk, and gossip, and doing hair in the mornings and turning up the music loud and pretty! Aaah, perhaps someday. I am SO TORN about it I am practically willing to move to Pville. But Art has alot here. It's just that I don't have people here so much, not people whom I treasure TREASURE! Just the land. I do love the land here. SOOOO much.
I watched Gone With The Wind yesterday again. It was the perfect thing to do while sick as a dog. It's such a great movie! I miss you alot. I remember the leprechaun candy! Wow. I want some!
I tried to close-up on the cat photos and I couldn't get a good look. Is that Stormy hunched in the distance, and Abigail sprawled all over?

I need to start sending some Beatty love to Grandma Georgie and to the kids in Utes as well! You nicey. Yikes, I am definitely the too-selfish sis of yore. Oh well, working on it.

Love to all.

Papa Dan said...

Heather, finally responding to this blog too. Thanks for being so true blue blogger and commenter. I love you