Sunday, March 30, 2008

Did I say we were sick?

We all stayed home from church today. If you have read our family blog you would know that Bell and I are sick and O has the FLU ugh! So lucky Jarom and Matty- if mom doesn't go, no one does. Anyways we were feeling too sick to eat this morning, after watching Oey barf his oatmeal and all. But by lunch we had a roaring hunger. So Matt decided to make donut holes- mmmmmmmmm. We tried to make it with wheat flour at first but they would kind of just explode so we had to add a little white flour. You live and learn. We rolled our donuts in powdered sugar (the kids' favorite) and sugar and cinnamon. Now we are dying from donuts. I'm begging Matt to go home teaching just to give them away. They are so sickeningly sweet, Matt just had to come over here again while I'm typing to help him eat some more. And he had a complaint that I put too much coating on the donuts. He did the frying and I did the rolling. As soon as they were out of the oil I doused them in sugar and because they were still hot it melted and caked up all nicely (this is what he is complaining about). By the way it's still snowing.



(Now it's Matt narrating.) I just wanted to pitch in a little, to talk about our yesterday. We got up early and Amy went running, then she and I both went on solo bike rides. It was a beautiful morning, grey to the east and patchy blue sky to the west. After I got back from mine, I took Jarom up snowboarding. The sun had come out and it was perfect spring mountain weather (unlike today--though it's perfect in a different way). Anyway, Jarom's improving. See for yourself.





getting a good stance

bike riding on provo canyon road

view

a church tower

5 comments:

heather said...

wow you guys have had a busy and beautiful weekend! i can't believe how gorgeous the scenery was on your bike ride, perfect morning for it?! those doughnuts looks unbelievably good. i would've eaten a whole bowl full, all day i've been gorging so i'm right there with you guys. it must just be a lazy sunday. it sounds cozy to be stuck home, sick, snowing outside, making and sampling homade doughnut holes. nice!

i can't believe that is little tiny innocent jarom my five year old nephew SNOWBOARDING!! are there any other kids so little as good as him? i am incredulous. he's so good at everything he does.

i miss you guys!

Papa Dan said...

Hope you guys are back to feeling better. Can't believe how Jarom has taken to snowboarding. He looks so professional. Glad you are having lots of family fun. Love to all.

heather said...

i just want to mention a couple other things about the pic of matt and the donuts: first, i love the clashing stripes/plaid mattie and second, i love all the details in the background like the bowl of fresh strawberries. what a lot of goodness goes on in that kitchen! so cute!

Susan said...

Love those snowboard stances Jarom! What a cutie, he is so good at snowboarding already, future champion! What a sweet and I mean sweet Sunday. I can just smell those homemade donuts! Hope Oey feels better, love and kisses to all, Nana

Mikie Beatty said...

ok. first, is that one of the infamous Suburban beanies I still wear regularly?
second, whole wheat donuts just about make me hiccup with pleasurable disbelief. I want one. mail me one.
also, what's up with all the rad snow!? I want some of that too. in fact, if you don't mind, could you roll Jarom in some whole wheat and powdered sugar, package him up in a box full of snow and ship it all to LA? please?