Tuesday, March 11, 2008

springtime visiting gladness


Hey everybody, Mikie here. So, Adie just very quickly came and went, as do most good things in life. For a mere 36 hours or something, I got to spend some grand adventures with my influential older sis. I could go into great detail about the zany (and not-so-zany) things we did while she was here, but instead maybe I'll sum it up with a few pictures of our dear lovely hike we took up the high mountains of my nearby newest friendly summit, Dante's Point.



there were small people rustling around in trees


while adie poses stylishly against a Hollywood backdrop


we made some friends on our journey


adie wishing she were a critter


this critter wishing he were adie


these tree photos made me ponder about Darin Coelho's greatness...


see? Darin. 100%.


adie wasted no time heading back down. so I wasted time photographing adie.


LA, perfectly framed


a flower


a ladybug, apparently they're good luck. :)


adie was very tolerant of her brother


a very pretty sunset met us at home


that's about all I got folks. hope you liked our journey.... and his too

5 comments:

heather said...

mikie what a beauteous blog full of bounteous blessings! seriously i love this stuff. you have such cute pics of addie. i like how in the one you said "addie was tolerant of her brother" or something like that, she has a semi-mildly-intolerant/tired/loveable? look on her face. these pictures are amazing. i haven't got to show darin yet cause he's already in bed. aghhh! i just remembered something...i am getting your camera. write me and tell me exactly the specs. i want the same one as you so i can take both high quality videos as well as rad snapshots. what do you think? i have read a lot of good reviews about it. write me.

i'm jealous addie got to come see you. the bug's journey is a truly beautiful little piece of film art. i can't wait to show it to darin. love you!

mattbeatty said...

Pretty rad photos. I want to do that hike--right there out of the city, too! How cool to see that.

I don't quite get the Darin references . . . what am I missing here? Darin is like a tree with a hole through it? (though that photo is truly incredible--as is the tree itself, of course).

AdieSpringB said...

Hi mikie. No, I COMPLETELY understand what you are saying about Darin. Those pics really do remind me of something he would write into a song. I just listened to Solar Horses, by Loomfixer. It is so AWESOME. I have been sick sick, awful sick. Two more days up here I have had to not work. Geez! I sure HOPE that you don't get it miggy! Take some Airborne! Those photos and the way you wrote the blog are awesome! You are a sweety. I have a full-empty feeling of great sorrow and love and thankfulness wrapped altogether in my heart today. I am so glad to know who I know and to be part of our awesome amazing family.

I love you!

darin said...

like the pictures. especially the one of me. i get it.

mattbeatty said...

Alright, alright. All you guys are oh-so-clever. Please someone fill me in on the Darin connection to the trees. I'm feeling very disconnected to it all.