Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's day greetings of the past











I came across some various Father's day cards that the boys gave me in the past. (I always got the neatest cards from the girls too, but I didn't find them so far) This top one is from Joey wishing me a Happy Fathers day--He always made homemade cards..I always loved them. The next is from Matt--the little skunk one. His note at the bottom says 'thanks for being a great dad' If greatly loving my kids qualifies me for being a 'great dad', then I guess I am. Next, to the right, is from Mikie.. Starts out with the top center frame saying 'Here's dad' and then goes on to show 5 frames of activities. The top right is funny..It shows me tickling him and saying 'play the Mikie' and du, du, du, du,....du, du, du, du.(had to be there) and him with his hands up in the air saying Taddy, Taddy Ha Ha. There is nothing like being a father. It is a priviledge beyond compare. I have seven and am one lucky guy. I love you all so much.

5 comments:

AdieSpringB said...

dad this is awesome. I miss you. I remember one father's day i gave you a long letter telling you all the things i so truly appreciate about my life... that wouldn't have existed if you weren't my father. Seeing the world for the beauty of nature, mountains, hard work, sunsets, artichoke hearts......etc.

heather said...

am i alone in not being able to click on and enlarge the bottom one - mikie's drawings??! i'm goin crazy here. dad you're the best and it is good that you kept all these. i love you!

Mikie Beatty said...

yeah, nice blog dad! this is awesome! Happy happy father's day. I wish I was as talented as I used to be in figure-drawing. Imagine if people really did look like that...eww

Mikie Beatty said...

taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy haha can't tickle me in santa cruz taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy taddy loly pop?

Papa Dan said...

OK, that does it Mikie. Better not come to P'ville. Cause when you least expect it.................(I'm going to invade your personal space)