Thursday, June 14, 2007

31 years old, I love myspace and running in sprinklers

Tis Adie. I am 31 and in love.
Tis the best thing to be, in love with your life.

I am also in love: with: singin out loud!,
playing piano,
taking care of goldfish and caterpillars,
making up stories, playing haunted-house,
swimming in rivers,

running whilst listening to music,
reading redeeming books, philanthropy,
philosophical discussions,

playing with little kids!,
putting on makeup and trying to be beautiful,
drinking tea, wandering through new towns in an old fashioned dress,
people staring at me and then smiling!,

being ugly, eating vegetables of EVERY kind,
mustard, pickles and jalapenos, the endless miracles in nature,
making collages,

traveling and meeting people where I travel,
sitting on big porches and talking to good friends for hours!,
visiting 2 new places far from where I am (over 300 miles or so) every year,
planting vegetables, booking shows,

learning recording tricks,
planting flowers,
keeping my art house clean and tidy,
loving people,
getting up around daybreak to take pictures!,

all the art!,
dreaming of the good things the future holds,
googling thing I can't answer,
cotton candy ice cream,
cotton candy,
playing dress up- but in real life!
running in sprinklers,
oh did I mention Myspace?

6 comments:

heather said...

yeaahhh!!! i so agree with all this and especially keeping the house tidy, going far away places, swimming in rivers, and taking care of goldfish. how lovely and perfect to have you for my best friend and sister. so the fishies are making it??!! you gotta name them since they clearly have personalities.

AdieSpringB said...

ok you help. The tiny brown one can be Ebenezer. I am assuming he is a he.

Mikie Beatty said...

i love this. really really really. so, I want to make one, but it wouldn't be as good as yours. nicely crafted Miss Adie. How the heCK do you spell your name?? I feel like it's different every time I see it.

Amy Beatty said...

Adie you are soo cute. by the way I saw your twin last night on tv. She was playing a harp and was so amazing - just like you.

mattbeatty said...

Perfect things to be in love with!

So you have goldfish? I'm so glad. We have one, Jarom named him Finding Nemo. Not just Nemo--Finding Nemo (but we call him Nemo). Anyway, he's adorable, and he's survived freezing weather and scorching weather, a tiny bowl in which the water turned orange after three days, and now he's got a nice little 2.5-gallon tank with a thermometer, a little heater, a filter, gravel, fake plant, and little archway. He loves it. He's adorable. We've had him for a year now--his birthday is this Saturday. And we love him. Anyway, felt like going off on that because now you have one (or more?) too! Join the fish club, you'll be attached in no time. If you aren't already. Do they wag and basically convulse when you walk by when they're hungry? That's the cutest.

Susan said...

Addie, I just read this, it shows such a love for life! Does all the mention of Art have a double entendre? I too love caterpillars, when I was little I used to capture them and feed them, watch them turn into cocoons and then butterflys and then let them fly away. I also used to have alot of goldfish (before I was married) I also had guppies and Black Mollys (they are a kind of beautiful swirly goldfish that is very fancy). I also had turtles when I was young. Once I even had a tortoise. I loved to watch him eat lettuce, but finally he burrowed under the fence and escaped. This was when I lived next to Airport Junior High School in Westchester, Los Angeles. Love you so much and thanks for sharing your loves in life. Mom