Tuesday, November 18, 2008

post-birthday-post

thanks everyone for making my birthday such a treat. for a busy girl who was in school all day, it was "just delightful!" watching the Office was somehow even more of a treat this night, even though it was so late, especially because it had all the best Office elements including super-endearing moments between characters like the andrew "the nard" bernard being the best wing man.

here is momma presenting me the best-ever-in-the-whole-wide-world-texas chocolate fudge cake! seriously, i think this was her best ever. the corner pieces are the best. a teeny bit crispy on the frosting side, but so soft and rich in the center.
here's my birthday party! the crowd goes wild!aftermath of cake and ice cream. satiated.presents wrapped uniquely by darin. he couldn't find tape. his face shows that he recognizes his own ingenuity and strangeness.
thanks to mom for being a party animal and letting us stay past midnight. thanks to everyone in my whole family for making me feel special and for being the kindness and funnest and funniest folks i know.







2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Hurray for Birthdays!! That cake sounded so good!!!! The photo of the crowd going wild is pretty amazing. I like Darin's way of wrapping. I bet Martha Stewart would too, so crafty. It looked nice and comfy in Nana's house. I love your humble little party.


P.s. Nana, can you make another one of those cakes, say around Christmas time, and make sure I'm in town!!

Susan said...

Okay Amy, in fact let's make it together! I loved having that little party. I can't believe another year is gone and my little wide eyed darling with the quick happy smile is (dare I say it?) 32!
Wow, how can that be if I'm only 40? Ha! Love all my precious ones, Momma/Nana