Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Spooks Are Out, the Veil is Thin

Well, for me, this Halloween was a wild one. As far as I can remember, it is my first "adult" halloween party. can this be true? Anyway, Jordan and Becky were such kind and wondrous hosts. They had made a giant papier mache skull head decoration and there were treats and wine set up in the kitchen and spooky effects everywhere. Delightful costumes abounded. Los Webelos played in the living room and there were people cramming that adorable little house and spilling out onto the front and back porches and coming in noisy groups up the street. I have to say, Halloween in Placerville seemed pretty charming this year; driving around earlier, I had seen hordes of cute kids all dressed up with their parents.Addie and I both saw the cutest Little Bo Peeps, two different ones.



At first I wasn't excited to dress up or do anything, but at the last minute I finally got into it when Darin pulled out his cloaks and hats and masks. So we went as some weirdo druid witches with strange animal masks. Unfortunately there is no picture of me in my plastic zebra mask.

Here is Darin with a mysterious stranger.




And two ghostly ghastly ladies; we can't be sure if these are real or spirits.Here is some crazy goth chick circa 1994. And her glam rock husband, an even further throw-back.
Some Zelda characters! I told Link and the princess all about Jarom.

Doing a creepy goth pose.

Darin would like me to report that he was a "hunchback witch." Here he is with Jordan, a la "the Crow."
Poor, poor Rebecca.
Zack had a good time, he must've needed a night out because he let Rebecca go home alone and he hung out with Darin and I the whole rest of the night.
We didn't leave the party till about midnight. Walking in the rain. Not minding too much.


We ended up down at Cozmic where this band Johnny Mojo was playing. They usually attract a huge middle aged bay area crowd but this time there were lots of young people there looking for something to do on Halloween, including my old friend Scott Pierson. By this time, I didn't have a care in the world, despite the fact that I had to work at 5:30 the next morning. Yes folks, 5:30. And I am usually so paranoid about going to bed at 10:30 when I have to open! Well, I cut loose. We stayed at Cozmic for a little too long and then walked up the hill home in the rain. I was like a real banshee out on the moors in my long wet black dress dragging around my legs. A couple hours later, when I got up for work, let's just say I was like a REAL witch! Just kidding, I made it through okay, despite my red eyes and smudgy make-up. And now we've had a cozy rainy weekend at home just reading and we watched a strange (good) movie over at mom's with nettie called Mister Lonely.

Feels like a good way to ring in one of my favorite months. Happy November!






















2 comments:

Mikie Beatty said...

dudes. i love your blog. those link and zelda costumes were awesome. why is it that everybody had such rockin halloweens this year. you know?

Amy Beatty said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to make it to a Halloween party. Your mom has been telling me how insanely busy you are. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Jarom and Bella loved looking at all the pictures. I can't believe it is already Nov. Your and Darin's Birthday month! Walking home in the rain sounds so fun. I love Darin the hunchback witch.