Sunday, August 31, 2008

last week of summer!

so we basically finished shooting for darin's movie "mystery my country." carolann is the star and emily is also a big player. we found this beautiful barn last sunday based on mom's suggestion:



darin doing some directing while stan is cinematographer:
the next day addie and i drove down to santa rosa in the convertible for a little road trip and some girly fun:out on the town in santa rosa. out to sebastopol the next day with nichole, we went to grateful bagel:

addie cruising on gravenstein highway, beautiful land and peaceful sweet people everywhere:
home tuesday night, mary was visiting with the other girls and her pregnant belly was getting pet on my bed: later we all played hoopla (joey, emily, doniella, carolann, stan and me) and jamie vancamp stopped by with his lovely norwegian girlfriend ida. we made braids in our hair; doniella can do fancy ones like this:

wednesday we went to the river out by swansboro and at night we did more movie shooting. in this scene carolann's character is pregnant and she sings a song at a gathering with her lover played by jordan lichens. here is darin directing:

and me doing one of my many IMPORTANT moviemaking roles: brittany allison and carolann in the kitchen being total cuties:
and stanny getting some belly love, he was obsessed with this:then the real madness ensued.the boys had to cross dress for a very weird movie scene. they got surprisingly and hilariously into it, here's stan and jordan mingle triyng on my clothes: zack was the best. he was so proud to be a woman. he and jamie vc looked like sisters in their fancy red frocks:
all the boys in their scene:
and the girls laughing at them: (note rebecca's wig)yesterday we went to the river again. mikie came to town and it was an absolutely perfect river day. this is my favorite spot on the american river and there are lots of nice rocks to jump off and the water sparkles and refreshes. SO PERFECT!
stan, me, paul and christina:



here are some videos of some VERY FANCY OLYMPIC QUALITY JUMPWORK by mikie beatty and stanny okumura. for your viewing pleasure. what i really love is the look of the water at the moment of impact. ahhhhhhh----summer's joys!

5 comments:

Susan said...

It's been a wonderful summer Heather! Good Luck on your first day back at Sac State, before you know it you'll have your Masters!
This morning I can really feel Fall in the air, it makes me melancholy. Love to you all and have a wonderful day, you are all in my heart as you all go through your day each doing your own thing. I'm thinking of my sweet little grandson Jarom going off to Kindergarten and Bella and Oey waiting at home with Momma, Mattie as he goes off to his new job with sweet memories of whatever beautiful and wild place they visited as a precious family this weekend, Mikie and Candice back in Santa Cruz and Mikie starting classes at Cabrillo, Emily and Joey going to El Dorado Center for their World Religion class, Heather going back to College after an incredible summer vacation and working as an Intern in her wonderful and becautiful campus,Darin working at New Morning, Addie and Art back from San Francisco in Grass Valley full of dreams of the city, Danny driving back to work after spending Labor Day helping others, and me and Nettie starting the day - treats for Nettie and Streak and me getting ready to go to the Library and face a mountain of books, I think I'll go turn on my tapes, Men to Match My Mountains this time. At this rate I'll get through hundreds of books during my mornings, Streak is calling me for her morning treat and petting session. I love you all. Momma/Nana :)

Amy Beatty said...

I'm not so sure about Zack being to best girl. Was that Josy looking so dainty and lovey in the next photo? I hate missing so many fun times. But I understand they must be had.. Mary looks so adorable I'm so glad you posted that picture of her. And Carolann is so beautiful, I can't wait to see one of Darins films, since I have not seen any!- Always, poor me.I bet you and Addie had such a fun time on your road trip. Take one here!!!! Love you heather, thanks for keeping us all up dated. Wish everyone else would write and post pictures of there full, fun free loving life's. miss you xoxo

Amy Beatty said...

So now matts going to be so embarrassed that he married someone who can't not write or type!

AdieSpringB said...

What the best August I have had since 2000.

mattbeatty said...

Hey, no embarrassment here. You can write and type just perfectly my love!

But yeah, heather, you're a great family historian, and I love the documenting of Darin's movie(s). I too want to see more of them. All of them. Way to go being back in school, it's got to be so much fun. I know it is in fact.

Love everyone in these photos. Love the girliness of all, including the guys.

We want the river.