Friday, August 3, 2007

Wet and wild

As of yesterday, Matt and I have been married for 6 years! We had such a great day. The weather had reported rain for the day but it was hot and sunny. One of my many plans was to surprise Matt after work with our bikes and go for a ride. It worked out wonderfully. I packed a yummy dinner and off we went up the canyon. We rode next to a river, so on such a hot day it made the perfect cool breeze. We got to Bridal Veil Falls. Sat and ate, chatted it up. As soon as we took the last bite of food the sky darkened and the clouds opened and let loose. A smile spread across our faces as we jumped on our bikes and took off back down the canyon. It was pouring huge rain drop bullets. I took one in the eye and had to stop for a moment. We just had the best time. We were able to run home and take a nice cozy shower before the kids got dropped off. I know it's something we will always look back on with great fondness. I love that the best things in life are free.

4 comments:

heather said...

what a great story and it sounds SO fUNNN!!!! congratulations on the anniversary...anniversary is a word i really like. it tells a lot. you two are the cutest!

Susan said...

Amy - what a great way to celebrate your anniversary. Kudos for making it all go so perfectly. It sounds absolutely divine. You two have the most perfect relationship. It is an example to all of us. Happy 6 years together, Love, Nana

Papa Dan said...

Happy anniversary you 2. I love how you guys do simple but exciting things that keep you happy and in love. Incidently I'm just thinking of William, Amy. He is such a neat, wonderful guy. He quickly analyzed and fixed an improperly connected DVD player in Sunday school today so we all could hear the dvd. He was a true hero.

AdieSpringB said...

amy get outta here! This is so adorable I am almost crying. I love you, so adventurous a spirit, so brim full of good ideas and open hearted ness. Open mind. I remember your mom being the head hiker in my girl's camp 3 day hike. I loved her spirit like that. It must come with good Claudia genes! Happy Anniversary number 6!