Friday, August 3, 2007

before I go meet Heather downtown...

let me just say that since August will soon be in full swing, I am starting to get that little itch- that comes towards the end of any summer- it's a shifting feeling, something about travel and newness tied to the Fall, about the greatness of undiscovered places and skies we can't even guess about, rain unimaginable, a stirring sense of possible and cold beauty that shakes my soul into excitement and doubt, all wrapped up and tickling me with the splendor of not knowing anything at all... all in this month my thoughts are creased by the winds of change, and as every summer's ending tells, my run-on words only run on unended, my body's blood warmed from a 3-digit sunny friday, i know something misty is scribbling at the edges of these sweet late summer evenings. I hope you all feel it too, it's the most electrical excitement I have tasted in years. even a smidge - there's things ahead unspoken unsaid but satisfied and deep of root these beautiful monsters with silvery faces lie grinning beneath and in front of us... so sleeping tonight isn't just for myself, it's to honour the glory of untold adventures and caught up in fantasies, wrought in our momentary blur, the inevitable boom of a cloudy horizon is calling, and summer is giving its way away, letting us live it out, filling our cups one more lovely time...
those unexpected laughs.
and Under his Breath,
we're flying so blindly
safely, high up here
Autumn wringing his hands in anticipation
and I can't wait too.
something finally new.

5 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

I love the feeling of change and newly founded awakeness in us all and all around us. Definitely a exciting feeling.

Mikie Beatty said...

i hate stupid life.

Mikie Beatty said...

again, you're an idiot

Papa Dan said...

can't quite figure your 2 comments out Mikie. I guess I just won't try. I know you will be back in Mikie form pronto

mattbeatty said...

I'm with dad here, what's with the hate? I'm guessing it's along the lines of the Firefox-won't-let-me-log-in angry posts of the past.