Tuesday, August 21, 2007

coming down

now that i am home and everything has died down, and joey has left and mikie is not here and stan left and darin's asleep, i am sad. our trip to utah was unbelievably fun to me. i feel like i grew as a person and i love you guys all so much, addie too. the "mom scare" on the way home was jarring, but how great it felt to hear darin say, "oh yeah, she made it home safe, she's asleep" after worrying that much. then celebrating the news by stopping in the middle of nowhere for (what else?) diet sodas and candy!



by the way, matt, amy, have you guys ever stopped in "puckerbrush" nevada? WEIRD PLACE.



delirium sets in.



i hiked AGAIN today (not sore much anymore!) to a crazy wild jungly river spot that looked straight out of jurassic park with huge lily-pad plants four feet tall and undiscovered bugs and spiders and snakes and moss and berries. i am talking way out in the middle of a deep secret canyon somewhere in the mountains betwixt georgetown and swansboro. darin, stan, and seth built a little hut for jocelyn, the star of darin's movie, who basically plays a girl who runs away from society to live in the mountains awhile. the hut was actually looking very inviting. i myself shooed away endless mosquitos and drew pictures in my journal and explored downriver while they were busy and hard working.



i am filthy dirty, exhausted beyond belief, and full of a sort of quiet, satisfied, haunting love for my family and friends too. i hope we can all gather again and again and again for adventures that never end. and laugh at ridiculous things that make no sense and roam mountains and be close to wild animals and swim and cry and be part of the sky.






7 comments:

mattbeatty said...

Heather--I have that same picture of the Truckers' Christian Chapel sign, that I took on my cellphone last Christmas. I had it as my cellphone background for months. So awesome that someone has recognized it for what it is! I'll have to find my picture and post it too.

Your recent rivery adventure sounds wild and amazing. My legs are still somewhat sore. What a hike. Next time we'll do Mount Nebo (highest in the Wasatch). Or redo Timpanogos but with a fully-abled Dad in tow.

Darin and Stan's movie sounds cool. Who wrote the screenplay?

mattbeatty said...

Oh yeah, and I didn't realized there even was a Puckerbrush. Cool name though. It it pretty much just a truckstop? Cause if it's the trucker chapel one then we've been there.

Mikie Beatty said...

"to stand upon a mountain, all on your own, and wish that there were someone else there you might have shown all the pretty wonders of the world that you have known..."
Heather, you say things that we all feel. Fortunately we have caught this wave of greatness only as it is beginning, rather than after it has ended. I love knowing that the days ahead will be the best days of my life. I hope I know that forever.

Joseph Beatty said...

heather i know exactly your meaning. my head is haunted and i am yearning almost ecstatically for all of you to be closer 'round me. immediate isolation, tho, is interesting. nice reflection period. so many good things to come. mikie i agree with you too. i woke up at 1:30 pm today. it felt terrible. i hope i never do that again. i want to wake up in the twilight and get coffees and ride bicycles and feel the loving graceful morning air absorb into my happy skin. alon with all yall.

AdieSpringB said...

hi hun. looking skinnier than ever aren'tcha? I miss everybody. Maybe I will see you Monday. I am glad a haunt has set in. It's always a good thing, really. I had a crazy dream last night about Matt Beatty and this ritual in east Asia called Eye of the Tiger. I flew out to meet Matt there (in the dream)... and it was so weird.

heather said...

addie that's definitely an optical illusion. haunting comes and goes. dreams about asia leave me haunted with floating blossoms and temples and spices. i often dream that you and i are in africa; maybe it will happen someday.

Papa Dan said...

Ok, am I missing something or some hidden meaning about the Trucker's sign. It must mean something enigmatic (found that in Word- thesaurus)Must be really something to end up Matt's cellphone background for months though! Hey, I hardly remember any of my dreams, ever. (but I have them)--I love all your comments