Thursday, August 9, 2007

The story below

The story below is a story of my favorite family.
It's the family I am in.

I am so sad and sorry I can't come next week you beauties.
Please can we go camping at Twin Lakes in the first week of September, right before my birthday?
Or the weekend before that?
Joey I will pay you extra not to work and go more camping before your New Orleans trip.

I miss everyone. I miss the chaos and the excitement and fulfillment of being close to the Beatty clan. I mean, there's plenty of excitement here, in my hip (sorry- had to use the word at least sarcastically) little married life of music and gardens and sushi, but shizer! it's not the same kind of Beatty excitement! It's not everyone talking at the same time, lateness enduring hours past original starting times, laugh attacks with and around Dad being dorky, and mom too for that matter, Mikie's vivacious notice of detail, and such a strong passionate commanding voice, almost so enthusiastic one feels strange sometimes, Heather's banter about loving people, kindness, Beanie, Snorm, Abigail, and Ceeps, patchworks, scarves and dresses, Mom's freak-outs of excitement and nostalgia for Fall and stories and books and antiques and her nellie-cat, Dad's "he was just real neat, he's just a neat, neat, guy", Matt's conversation about anything and everything interesting- that doesn't ever tire and understands EXACTLY what one means, Joey's quiet amazement at the insanity, his love of nature and open road and freedom, his impressions of life, his full enjoyment of them through blunt honesty and sarcastic happiness, and true passion, Amy's adventure from one moment to the next, ready for any new stranger to meet, any picnic, any craft, any trip somewhere, darin's sudden friendliness to random people (kind of like dad's?) meeting one old man or kid after the other......

wow! We are all married now!

the story below.
A story I am so tearfully grateful and lucky to be involved with. Sorry I am
absent on the attendance list so often, I'm doing best I can what with forever bein the starving artist.

Enchanted love dear family, sending meteors crashing through our eyes this brightest Perseid shower ever,
adie

9 comments:

mattbeatty said...

Adie, You are so adorable. I love your post. It was so light and true, perfectly funny. I miss you and art. I would love to come to another one of your shows. I often play some of your songs in my head. You really need to make another cd- please. Hey- and I know how you feel about missing the trip here, because just you mentioning a trip to twin lakes without me makes me so sad. I love you!

mattbeatty said...

and once a again, I have posted under matt. Sorry, amy

Joseph Beatty said...

aid. you are the neatoest sis. the open road will never grow old. how i love to have you near me.

Papa Dan said...

Addie, what a wonderful blog. We Beattys are not really all that unusual or special. We love one another always and that is the answer--With all our different personalities, we never cross each other to the point of a long lasting indifference or grudge; like happen in some families. AND, better not ever either. I will demand it end whilst I am alive.

heather said...

awww hon buns i miss you!!! dad i agree - no lasting grudges allowed. but i do think we're a tad unusual. addie i will try to get time off for a short camping trip around your birthday. let's plan it.

Mikie Beatty said...

um, I'm not married...

Susan said...

Dad said "whilst"? Adie I loved hanging out with you yesterday! You are so sweet and beautiful. How lucky I am to have such a talented and precious daughter. I'm with Matt, I can't wait for you to make another CD! When is your next show, hopefully I won't have worked 6 days in a row and I won't veg out and be too tired to go. Are you coming to Pville soon Artie too? I will miss you so much on the trip to Utah. It won't be the same without you along!!! And I agree with Heather, our family (you kids and grandkids and spouses and girlfriends of you kids, anyway) are so wonderfully talented and artistic and creative and every other gorgeous adjective! Love you so much Mom

Susan said...

Oh yea, Joey and Mikie aren't married yet, By the By,I miss JOEY, my Jo-Jo!!!

mattbeatty said...

Just for the record, Amy's the one who said she wanted Adie to make another cd (though of course I do too!). She just accidentally posted under my account. Just wanted to set that record straight.