Sunday, August 5, 2007

Wanna know what sucks?

My luck is down. For one, I have been working totally lame hours like this morning I had to be at a staff meeting at 8:45 am after five strait days of working at 9am, and THEN i had to go BACK to work at 5 pm tonite and worked til 1am. now im at home. and tomorrow morning i wake up at 9 and go to work. again. then i have monday off. and then i work MORE. i love work. so fulfilling, so mentally and spiritually beneficial.
and guess what i did before work today? i stepped on my guitar, my ovation which i bought in february for 200 dollars, and i broke it. it was the same part that broke before, and now i think the guitar is pretty much not worth trying to fix again. so i need to buy a new one. i guess its a hidden blessing because i was inwardly unhappy with this guitar since i had my first accident with it and messed up the tuning accuracy and then action and the neck. totally lame huh? well maybe some wildly hot chick will strut into my life and bow before me. but probably not. so ill just keep enjoying OTHER stuff about life like coffee and music and the ocean and the early morning outside and books and sandwiches and cheese and sandwiches and free time and music and music and music and sanity.

5 comments:

heather said...

oh fofer i am so sorry...and darin just got a new one (did you know that?) and your guitar is so so beautiful. i remember when it broke before, i didn't realize it was never quite the same. well maybe all that work is good for one thing: you can save up for your dream guitar. and you live in santa cruz, maybe some druggie is selling a perfect gem of a vintage guitar at a flea market cause he needs drug money...scope it out. i MISS you and i am glad you are still thinking of the good things, which are plentiful, mydear.

Papa Dan said...

I'm sorry too Joey. Well, you are a remarkable musician, (and I remember you loving basketball). I'm glad you chose music. Nothing you do or become will surprise me Joey. Even a great husband and father someday.

AdieSpringB said...

goph. That sucks I am so sorry. Maybe you can see what can be done for it at a music shop. You will have to get a new one, ASAP! The fam has plenty, maybe you can borrow someones til you get a new one. Did you only have one? Sorry about work. You should ask to work only 3-4 days a week. Tell them you are going to some kind of class or something.
Love you.

Susan said...

Hey Joey, sorry about your guitar, hope you can get another one right away, that hot chick will walk into your life one day, maybe she'll even hike the Pacific Crest Trail (You know the one from Mexico to Canada)with you someday. I love you mucho, Mom

mattbeatty said...

That does suck about your guitar Joey. But getting a new one doesn't suck. Oh yeah and work does too. At least unfulfilling work that means nothing to you.

Mom I'm so glad you brought up the Pacific Crest Trail. I'd never heard of it, and it sounds amazing. Like a good thing to put on a todo list alongside the Appalachian.