Thursday, April 26, 2007

I dont fall in love with characters


I fall in love with actresses.

Common themes here:

1 - Years of singularity in terms of relationship-status.
2 - Extremely selective taste in women (leads friends/family to question sexual orientation).
3 - Of selected extremes, the few emergent females are predominantly actresses.
4 - This predominance, like science, interweaves between everything else in my life.

So what am I learning?

I am on a quest. A big one. The superceding massive quest, one tying together all my desires for acting, my love for education, my lust for genuine care-freedom, my social interactions every day-

"do not, for one repulse, forget the purpose you mean to effect"

And I never have. I moved to Santa Cruz for that purpose. I plowed through school with it. Standing in front of every auditioner with it ringing behind my ears. Every delivery it rings. Every blog and poem, it's ringing. Right now, last night, tomorrow, Jurassic Park, Lauren Moore, J.R.R. Tolkein, Financial Aid, plays plays plays ring ring RING! it never stops ringing, singing, stinging me awake at night, driving me, pulling me, tight with motivation, on a string, rope together what I need, bring me that horizon, eletrical towers lining up along the distance, down a valley towards my future, ringing singing stinging Future, Purpose that I certainly can never forget -

I mean, how can you forget something when every time you lay down to sleep, it's laying right there next to you, reminding you:

You're still alone.




PS - Shakespeare quote is wrong, and I don't really care.

5 comments:

AdieSpringB said...

mikie, its true. you have one hell of a purpose alright. and maybe oneday, true love will find you. in some actress somewhere. but only it will come when you are totally and really, truly ready. That's the truth and that is what happens. TRULY ready. ANd even you might think you are, but maybe you aren't yet. Or maybe you are. Anyways, in the meantime, love hard and love everyone. You are meant to help spread goodwill and laughter and carefreedom on this earth!

AdieSpringB said...

I ain't jokin

Mikie Beatty said...

I hate Bend It Like Beckham. I should have never watched that stupid movie, what a FUNK it put me in!! AH! To be honest, I loved watching it, too much. It reminded me of my two hugestly hugehuge, biggest Howard Hughes-huge, endlessly hugest, hugehugeHUGESThuge huge, Monteguege huge, hugest hugehugehuge passions that I have ever had since being very little:
1 - A girl I will completely fall in love with.
2 - Being a famous actor.

so you guys are some lucky shmoes to get this out of me. Adie is right! We all find it, I just have one heckofa time in doing so. bye!

AdieSpringB said...

funny how dreams do come true. As long as you never listen to anyone that tells you "get real" or "keep your feet on the ground".

Susan said...

She's out there somewhere Mikie, don't you ever doubt it. Take your time, you don't have to rush, you still have a lot of places to go and things to do and somewhere along the way, there she'll be... on another note, did you know they are building a multi-million dollar theater art complex at Folsom Lake Center? A picture, description, etc. in last Friday's Mt. Demo. Check it out, love you so much, Mom P.S. can't wait to see you Mother's Day Weekend, we'll have a blast...