Saturday, April 7, 2007

RIP 06.18.2006 - 04.07.2007







Shame, isn't it. Sorry I just wanted to post this for fun, because it's affected my life today. I'm a bit sad about it but it's okay, really, because it's nice to be able to do something like this--have longer hair then cut it really short and sort of reinvent yourself all in one day. I don't have to have one steady length of hair all the time; it grows back, so I can change it if/when I please. It's depressing and exciting all at the same time (life anyone?). So here we have it. Am I really as sad as I look though? Maybe.

Plus I should be writing my long Catcher in the Rye paper but I'm procrastinating, not wanting to do online cultural research or finish the book, more feeling like studying trees or getting into bed with Amy and Orion or maybe going for a fifty-degree midnight bike ride because it's perfect out and this is a little town where some are awake and others are asleep and I want to see it all, and it wouldn't make my feet cold even in sandals even on a bike because it's nice out.

Need nimble fingers for typing.

I still have a lot of other things to post, like my "to do" list that everyone else before me has finished, our pictures from Vegas and from the Mayan and othersuch and oh yeah! all our Easter egghunt pictures from today. The kids loved it. It's Easter, right? I'll try to do some of those things sooner. Many more things too, I'm sure. But here's just a couple few pics for now.

4 comments:

Mikie Beatty said...

we Beatty boys, we can't seem to just let it be. Indecisively we spend our days looking for something we haven't discovered yet, something truer than what's already in front of us. Pick up the freaking guitar or pen, we take take pleasure in deep conversations, we argue and doubt and decide, and we cut our hair. The Haircut: our significant maneuver. The off-on unpredictableness of a haircut. The evidential connection between the physical and the abstract - the sign and it's signifier. We cut our hair, and our search is only deepened, reinforced by either bouts of ecstacy or regret. The Haircut. It's 6:41 am. I should go to sleep now.

mattbeatty said...

Nothing like a little early-morning/late-night philosophy! About the haircut, the great, significant, allimportant haircut.

Have you read Saussure? sign = signifier + signified? He pretty much started semiology. Interesting stuff.

It's Easter morning! Did you find your Easter basket Mikie?

Joseph Beatty said...

im not going to lie. we have the same haircut. and the same blood. so therefore, i guess it makes sense that we look very very similar currently in our distanced lives. neato.

moonshinejunkyard said...

mattie your sad face in the bottom one is killing me!!!