Sunday, April 15, 2007

Something about Failure

to fail to fail to fail to fail.

Fall fail, fall fall
fail fall fall fail.

So many times and ways to fail, so

dance. dance, dance and then we fail.

I'll play my violin and dance,

my violin and little fiddle,

dance n' dance, but first I fiddle,

dance n' fiddle n' fail fail fail

every second, recognition

breeding, breathing brave new brew

a hammer WHAM!, a question mark,

in sludge I slug and heave my legs

in rotten failure, stinking eggs,

I will not stop, I figure out

which way to turn my legs about,

and then the thin

in thick and thumping

slump slump bumping

shines a light!

Twink ta-Winkle!, tiny light

a shaft of shiney skinny drops....

in sluggy sludge a teeny ray

a glimmer light in wet decay

THAT is my failure
puts you thru,
finally, with sloppy shoes
a rope descending tugs you out
above the squares between the grout
with dangling feet, o'er layered tiles
see new success that stretches miles

I like to fail because I learn
the hurts, the scars, the stings and burns,
so later on I wont' be scared,
instead, like always, too-prepared!

2 comments:

Mikie Beatty said...

just trying to sign in

Papa Dan said...

I don't understand half (or more) of what this was all about. Even the comment you made to yourself doesn't make sense "Just trying to sign in"??? But, no biggee, I know you are a remarkable kind of guy.
Love, Dad