Monday, February 16, 2009

last pictures ever with my camera?

You guys all know how i love my camera and use it obsessively. so you can imagine my sadness that my precious camera seems to have met a fatal end. i don't know what happened...it's simply not turning on anymore. but lucky for me, it worked friday night, friday the thirteenth that is, so i captured these ever-so-magnificent images as my camera's last hurrah.
we were snowed in that night so we thought the place would be empty, but karaoke was HOPPING. took all night to even get to sing our songs!

darin sings "lonesome, onry and mean" by waylon jennings.

joey and nick doing a little country dance to darin's song.

joey was astoundingly good, as usual...here he is singing a smashing pumpkins song.
darin likes to try to look scary in pictures, i think he looks like a turkish emperor of the ninth century.adam was in town...the whole reason we went....he is the best karaoke singer ever. he was in a country mood that night. he gets on the microphone and tells stories about his bluegrass-musician dad and just charms the whole audience.
getting DOWN.


emily dedicates a song to mallory tomei, so sweet.
fofe...ever the romancer.

once again, thank you to karaoke at powells for giving placerville a night life!

2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

YOu guys are all so cute! I like how Darin looks so cozy in his sweater and his cute necklace. I feel so awful that your camera died! Did you buy any kind of warranty with it through the store or sometimes the brand of the camera has one too! Maybe it will decide to wake up soon, I hope!

Susan said...

This is so wonderful, how much fun you all have down there! I'm just going to have to go down to Powells some Friday night! I can't believe you were there with that terrific snowstorm! It must have been hard to get up the hill home. I was all cozy at my house watching the lovely snow come down!