Monday, November 19, 2007

What's with Lists?

Seriously. I have a list of things it seems EVERY day. New things. Some of them get done, others fall disregarded by the wayside, littering the roads of my somewhat-clean recent past. It's funny, once you're out of school things suddenly begin to occur in lists, prioritized. Always the 1st is the most important, biggest and most daunting thing you need to get done, and it goes from there. By the number 8 or 9, you find yourself wracking your brain for more and more things you know you should get finished. Soon you've got a 15-long list of stuff, the last 3 or 4 being totally unnaccomplishable, and probably the final a joke like "marry Natalie Portman" or a cliffhanger like "go to Walmart to get." Right now my list consists of a variety of BIG things like CarSmog, Registration, FixCar, PayBill, BuyLaptop, GetPaycheck, NewBrakes, until finally I'm overwhelmed with how expensive it's all winding up to be! So instead, I wittle down my savings on RoadTrips, like the one documented in this video:

4 comments:

AdieSpringB said...

hi mikie. That was weird. Neat, but weird. I liked the whole thing but the nut eating part was the weird part. I felt like there needed to be a crunching sound right there. Hey BTW is that an auto car-map of where you are driving? ????? CRAZSHHHHY!

Amy Beatty said...

The list thing reminds me of a few of you beattys- boys in general.

heather said...

so mikie, was number one on your list:

1. go to hollywood for first ever big audition and GET THE PART?

or:

1. get a job that allows me to fly to new york in the middle of december to enjoy some manhattan holiday spirit and see a broadway musical?

or:

1. get a job that gives me a whole new wardrobe free plus lots of money and first class travel and accomodations?

i think you're doing pretty good accomplishing list items right about now!

also, nikki is cute and a good sport and a good friend. it's nice to have somebody to road trip with and never feel uncomfortable.

mattbeatty said...

I know what you mean. I am the king of lists. Literally. I have (this is not a joke), three postits and one sheet of paper stuck to my wallet right now detailing what I feel I "need" to do.