Sunday, November 18, 2007

country life for me


moving is fun!








darin got me an autoharp!
i'm gonna be a country singer!





















it's been birthday time, study time, and moving time.

my birthday was lovely. i got my cute new red coat from mom, my purple Kone vac from dad, and my beautiful new autoharp from darin which i am excited to take time to learn to play. i envision singing along like june carter cash in a pretty little dress and coiffed hair. I also gave my walt whitman presentation in one of my graduate seminars; i had been really nervous but it went well and i got compliments about it in the next class meeting too! the night of my birthday i went out to dinner at baja fresh with dad and grandma georgie.

today i have my last shift at work...everyone keeps trying to make me feel bad because i'm leaving but my heart is still rejoicing, so i know it's right.

mom has been moving in this weekend and there is a festive feeling in the air. i think living together is going to be very fun. everyone come gather here and let's make a fairytale holiday season!

we now have cable - first time ever in mine and darin's living-together life. i'm kind of nervous about losing darin to the ever-absorbing presence of basketball games, discovery channel, history channel, etc. but i have to admit it is kind of cozy and nice to have tv. we can watch the parade on thanksgiving morning!

i am full of brimming over hope and enthusiasm for life right now and i can't wait for us all to be together and talk about everything.

2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Heather, I can just imagine you singing and playing that crazy cute instrument. tapping your foot under your long prairie dress. I'm glad to hear you a had a wonderful birthday. is that my little willy wonka?

mattbeatty said...

This post deserves more comments. I am so glad to see your autoharp! What a cool instrument. I imagine you like June Carter all the way. The moving looks fun, in a I-wish-I-were-there kind of way.