Tuesday, November 6, 2007

sweet fall blessings


mom as a gypsy
for halloween


















darin with his cupcakes addie made him



















the little girlie kitty,
carolina-lulu
(OWLEY)


















addie with
grabby-tail



















addie in her pretty kitchen

darin turned 30 on sunday! we frolicked with addie and artie in grass valley and fell in love with that town as always and determined that one day we should probably just get our booties over there where we belong. where there are vegetarian options and smiling eccentrics all over the place, and musical instruments and old old theaters and earth-friendly shops and thoughts and cozy coffeeshop bookstores with dusty books like golden treasures and organic treats and mountains and rivers and haunted houses.

i have good news for any of you who don't know: i put in my notice at mel's and novemeber 18 will be my last day and ever since i made this declaration i've been walking on air! i have gotten several little signs from the universe that it was meant to be and i have never been happier about thanksgiving because for once i can do whatever i want that weekend! we can go to the parade, i can walk down to the "festival of lights," i can bake and shop and go to apple hill and write in my journal and take a blustery walk and do whatever i want!

by the way, and this is important: darin is playing music with scott sowa and jacob at the cozmic cafe the night after thanksgiving and EVERYONE IS INVITED. matt and amy if it is at all possible to schedule that in, i think even the kids would have fun. the venue will be noisy and rambunctious and i think they'd fit in. we can dance together! of course there will be drinking but we'll keep em safe! mikie, joey, stan, mom, dad, addie, art, you are all invited and let's have fun!

in case anyone is worried or wondering about how i'll be making money, here's the scoop. i have a tiny bit saved up (couple hundred) plus i have some financial aid that we are planning on using to buy a new computer (matt i need your tips badly!) and hopefully there will be some extra from that. i plan to take the CBEST on december 1 and that means if i pass it i can start substituting in january. i may get some work on campus doing outreach stuff. lastly, i will sell stuff on ebay. plus my sweet husband and sweet momma both live with me and i get to feel babied and protected by them for a little while so i can focus on school...my dream come true.

so anyone with ideas, inspirations, love-full-hearts, adventure plans, grandiose schemes, rock-n-rolls, rolypolies, jolliness, holiness, thoughts, hopes, and dreams let me know and we'll all work together and have thrills and jolts of blessings and bliss in our souls!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Heather, I can't wait to live with you and share Thanksgiving week and all the fun doings. I'm so glad you are quitting your job at Mel's. I guess it's like the end of a era. Now you can be a teacher, what you are born to be. (I know you really are a born perfect mother, but that will come too!) I love the pictures you posted. Thanks for being such a precious lively cheerful giddy loving caring sharing wonderful part of our family. I think you make the world go round...(along with all my kids) Love, Mom

Mikie Beatty said...

wow. first off, I really like how you coupled Joey, Stan together - because really, who wouldn't. In fact, Candice and I have come to call the two Stoey and Jan, which should now be used publicly.
Secondly, Heather I am so pro you quitting mel's! Mostly because I really like it when somebody voluntarily quits a job - it means they're THINKING. I love that. Daniel would never be satisfied with his jobs, so he'd leave em up and on the spot, bam, gone.
Well, la dee da I think I'm gonna write my own blog now