Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Orion is from Heaven






Well Hi. I have had something on my mind for a couple of days now. Well, since Sunday. I want you all to know that I witnessed one of the most special moments that I can remember. I got to stand in the circle while Matt blessed Orion. This took place at the Smith's, a family who I admire greatly (putting it mildly) . What happened was such a beautiful thing. As you know, when a blessing is given, all the men in the circle bow their heads while the blessing is given. We start by gently rocking the little guy up and down so he will feel comfortable and not get fussy. Well, as we began, I peaked to see how he was doing. From that point on I continued to look at him and couldn't close my eyes. Throughout the whole blessing (which I thought Matt did a remarkably beautiful job), Orion looked directly at his dad and smiled at him with some of the cutest smiles there could be. He would smile and then settle and then would smile again all the while looking right at Matt. I swear it all looked like he knew just what Matt was saying and responded with smiles continually. I just wonder if newborns are more aware of things than we know, since they have recently left their place in Heaven. That's it, it was heavenly. He reminded me of a grown up newborn.


Well, I'll never forget it; my short term memory lapses will never cloud out that wonderful experience.

I asked Matt after the blessing if he saw Orion and his many smiles. He said that he had kept his eyes closed and was too busy with the blessing.

So I consider myself so lucky to have been there. Just wanted to pass that on. I love you all.

I'm including a few pictures of that day also.

3 comments:

Joseph Beatty said...

he is quite sweet. glad you's such a good grandpops, pops.
miss you daddyo, see you soon.

or shiould i say tatty-o

heather said...

that was a great story dad. i can just imagine his precious smiles...he smiles so much! those pictures are perfect too! i love the top one of matt, he looks a bit impish. and mikie in the next one is classic, the way is supporting orion's feeties. i wish i could have been there!

Mikie Beatty said...

These are some good in-the-moment pictures of our lives. Except the one where I'm helping matt with the baby...who's baby is it?? I wonder if I'd win the vote, were a stranger to see that photo.